PC upgrade! With VR Rift s

FuBaNaToR

Admin
Admin
thumbnail_IMG_20190710_195030908_HDR.jpg

Anyone else Play VR ?

just a question.....why did you get a SATA based SSD drive when M.2 X4 are 5 times the speed???....not ragging on the 860 EVO's as i have 3 of them but the new drives make sata based look like harddrives.....even if you only get a 120gb or 250gb for the boot drive it would be worth the 50 bucks...(i know you spent a ton of this pile already and the budget may be blown)...no matter what that mother, CPU and GPU will kick ass and is a great way to game.....

just a question.....why did you get a SATA based SSD drive when M.2 X4 are 5 times the speed???....not ragging on the 860 EVO's as i have 3 of them but the new drives make sata based look like harddrives.....even if you only get a 120gb or 250gb for the boot drive it would be worth the 50 bucks...(i know you spent a ton of this pile already and the budget may be blown)...no matter what that mother, CPU and GPU will kick ass and is a great way to game.....
Did not know that, ill go get one. Thanks for the help:)

I want to, it's on my wish list.
I'm playing War Dust on VR atm, its like BF4 , all i can say is WOW! VR has come a long way. Amazing , you have to really load your weapon ect. Worth every penny.
I hope you get one ,you will love it!

I've got my eyes on the AMD RX 5700 XT..if I buy it it will be my first AMD GPU, also it's cheaper than an RTX 2070 Super by $100 and 30% faster than my current 1070 Ti.

@FuBaNaToR .....little more help for you.....i have used more then a few of the new M.2 drives as i build computers on the side to the tune of doing a 98 complete computers this year alone!!!....yes in the last 7 months i have built that many....

this is a great place to start as it has a heat sink that really works and only cost 50 bucks....only problem is its only 256gb so you will only get 2 to 5 games on it with OS depending on game sizes....this will give you 3200mb read speeds and up to 2100 write speeds claimed (i saw 3100ish read speeds and 1900 to 2000 write speeds with a ryzen 2600 CPU)
https://www.newegg.com/plextor-m9pe-256gb/p/N82E16820249109

this samsung is a little faster and is double the size at 512gb BUT its 3 times the price at 150 ON SALE!!! so may not be a option but i can tell you like sammy SSD drives so i am putting in the list to look at it.....read speed is 3500mb and write speeds on this 1 are 2700mb A SECOND!!!!!
https://www.newegg.com/samsung-970-pro-512gb/p/N82E16820147693

budget option with a ton of space and 3 1/2 times the speed of sata based would be this one....a 1tb drive is only a 100 bucks BUT it only reads at 2000mb and writes at 1700mb....a 500gb at these speeds will only set you back 60 bucks.....these are the great value for dollar option to get way faster then SATA based SSD drives but they are not even close to being the fastest on the market.....(i like these for budget builds and even used them for faster storage on editing rigs as they beat the snot out of 2 15,000 RPM harddrives in raid)
https://www.newegg.com/crucial-p1-500gb/p/N82E16820156200

i have used ALL of these drives on builds i have done in the last 3 months so i am current in understanding their speeds....ALL of these drives ^^^^^ have a 5 year warranty on top of it.....you cant really go wrong with any of them, its just how much do you want to spend and what size would you like the drives to be....FYI in loading BF4 the Plextor will load full maps in about 8 seconds and in fallout 4 i cant even get the textures to load for the pictures in the loading screen before it drops me in game....the samsung will be FASTER but costs a ton were as the Crucial will load a little slower but take a shit ton more games as you have more space for your money.....

food for thought....let me know if you need help or just want to bounce ideas off me.....

oh and FYI the FASTEST SATA based SSD drive is only reading at 550mb in the BEST of conditions.....so even the slowest Crucial is still at least 3 to 4 times faster, with the faster samsung being 7 times faster!!!!

i load in game almost before anybody else and im still on a 2tb sata sammy. easy way to tell who is on m.2 when i see them in game before me :D

Back