Part apology/Part humility and a daily dose of your own medicine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeroInHelp

BANNED
BANNED
@x=FAST=x . The apology comes last.

===TL;DR BELOW===

Yes I know I'm wasting your time. I'm Canadian so you already know I'm sorry if you become offended or don't get what I'm sayin'. A.

Will anyone take a dose of philosophy? This is about precedents. I noted a few observations about the cat fight yesterday in forums and did my best to boil down the points I think everyone can draw experience from. I really doubt anyone cares about my suggestions but this is meant to help and this section is the only place I can do it. I'm not here to sew division among your trusted friends but there are ways of dealing with confrontation and ways not to.

And since this problem arose in public I mean to own up to being an asshole and hope everyone can chill out next time and be friendlier.

I'm sure I'm not the first to attack this argument directly and further I want to serve up a fact based opinion even the most bitter admin (or anyone that has formed biased opinions about what happened yesterday) can relate to.

See: http://www.tbgclan.com/threads/reporting-a-player.31175/#post-204381

I know some of you are 10-20+- years my senior but come on, most of you are boringly lazy or hate to handle simple-turned-difficult situations. I know a forum noob (like me) should just STFU but this is philosophy and I am justified.

When somebody is passionate for a reason ARE they really at fault for trying to engage positive communication?

See: http://www.the-philosophy.com/passion-philosophical-definition

Hegel: “Nothing great has done great in the world without passion” (Reason in History)

Now that I justified my long winded spiel, as far as I can tell in my blind search (using the TBG search engine) there's really no place anybody could see TBG policy or how admins should behave.

Is it kind of like an unspoken rule? I really checked and queried "admin policy". Nothing. I discovered tangent discussions like how TBG has no privacy policy clause (WHOA? ... linking Facebook isn't different to marketing gain), but expects the "public" to adhere to the vaguest of TBG agreements: who's interests am I protecting from being sued? Do you need a Social Insurance Number? My Passport to boot? The New World Order?

Besides the server rules, which I already memorized (I practically only play TBG servers) there is no place for TBG v Public misconduct recourse.

I admit making this precedent in probably useless for TBG (if nobody wants to weigh these opinions and discuss it among yourselves) but who am I to criticize. I really dig too deep and often more than not clash with those that think strongly opposite of me. You can say you don't care to help me and I'll leave you all be...no one's immunity is being questioned, but the upcoming points I believe will drive the point home... please don't see me as this guy http://300.tealab.com/files/imagecache/425_wide/files/wallpaper/1024x768/King ephialtes_1182813043.jpg !!!

If you know the film you know that little maggot killed the Spartan King. This is different, but similar in so many ways.

All I'm saying is "this person" who must be an excellent judge of character cements orders before I can even run with the discussion without recourse to possible fault and CONTEXT. He might as well be God in this discussion (yes you are), but his disciples tackle the public unapologetically and expect unfounded adoration and respect (those I didn't get along with).

I've said it before and and will say it again I hate to ruin my streak of receiving positive feedback from you guys, thank you anyway@DocHolliday. I'm respectful but those of you who know I am poking at you overestimated my unreasonable attitude. I'm trying to use smileys but I'd rather use TBG's first policy as my defense.

I shouldn't be teaching anybody anything new at this point, but maybe to appreciate an outside perspective. Are you pissed yet? Sorry.

.:.Policy#1 Treat others as you want to be treated. DO NOT BE THE CAUSE OR THE START OF A PROBLEM. HOWEVER YOU DO HAVE A RIGHT TO BACK YOURSELF UP

In my defense, I'm thick but it takes two halves of every story to judge truth. Yes I was flying near or over the RU base in a sandstorm on Gulf of Oman IN A JET and it's rather hard to be see, to be perceptive of the finickiness of server rules in that context. After all my only defense is I was being LOCKED on and went for the kill. @DocHolliday already said that similar scenario is fair game in a past post. I insist, more below.

I've applied to TBG, I'm not the easiest applicant. I'm just severe in my nature of presenting facts and expect people to see themselves in my shoes..."Get off your high horse". Politics, not drama.

Ending threads, muffling the dialogue won't help future discussions with future applicants. I know I should not have denounced @balls2dawall the way I did and should have left some things unsaid, I did but POLICY is not public knowledge.

Maybe a locked sticky in the TBG Memo section highlighting POLICY would serve the TBG loyal "public" greatly.

However, telling somebody to "grow a pair" in every failed argument is a low blow even if no apologies are forthcoming. How about tell the next person to STFU? I'm not a troll, but that's some derpity derp derp...building up to the apology.

If recruiters reviewed my application and that backed me would hear me and CONSIDER that I was already being supported by a full fledged member AFTER-the-fact I made my posts in that heated discussion : Somebody is backing me up and clearly that is not a division I think even "God" should criticize.

I can calm down and I can be ribbed for good humour. I can choose my battles and let some things slide, unless if pure stupidity goes unchecked when people PERSONALLY attack others in public (even if both of them are accurately defending their opinions). I take back any misinterpreted stinging remarks I made towards TBG.

.:.Policy#5 Do NOT taunt at any players in TBG or outside. Respect others and play the game.

That's it. If that's TBG law, observe the policy faithfully. Otherwise, I was blindly looking for help I didn't think about:

.:.Policy#10 - If you are having an issue with something in TBG, be it a ban, a member, or anything related to TBG, talk to that person privately. If you feel uncomfortable talking to the person, PM a Founder/Head Admin about the issue. DO NOT POST ISSUES RELATED TO A MEMBER OR TBG ON A PUBLIC FORUM.

Sorry.

I'm just more pro "public" underdog and actually want to help any way I can when there's a hacker soiling a server. Please don't put me in the same boat. Thinking of joining normally goes against my solo preferences but I think if I had room to consider you guys as my favorite community, anything can happen. (Maybe, please?)

I gave you a lot of material to work with and those I have helped know they don't need to make their presence known. They are there because "God" chose wisely and I wish to be among them, besides any superficial differences I have had with the most zealous.

Sorry if I soured it for you. I get it, even if I got ink on me now there's no use changing anybody's mind. Even if I did hold up a mirror to balls, "God" probably doesn't like that it makes everyone look poorly. I'm ashamed for doing so.

@balls2dawall @x=FAST=x
Truly my sincerest apologies if you got me wrong.

Hero
*007* REP: DEAL WITH IT.

PS. "God" you know who you are. PM me if I didn't bore you out of your chair. I'd like you clear up my first application.

========================================================================================

TL;DR

1) Public should know the terms of policy.
2) Recruiters and founders accept opinions to be defended if user comes off both sincere and annoyed.
3) Why end threads if the "public" user isn't being a total douchebag based on JUSTIFIED cause?
4) The facts are in the links I talk about. Please inform yourselves and consider seeing things from a new point of view.
5) Don't personally attack people you barely acquaint yourself with when you are asserting "authority".
6) Don't attack your brothers on different platforms/franchises you should know read these forums: Cod 4: lTBGrl (CONTINUED IN PT 7)

7) At the person poking fun at the community at large: "Read the rules and you don't have to bother wasting our time again. Go back to the console or COD; BF was great until you crybabies showed up."

That's me giving you a dose of your own medicine. If you still need proof I need a pair let's Skype some sexytimes...No?o_O

BF is so great because players like you and I made it that way. It's not as if anybody is trying to take your job. :rolleyes:

8) SORRY. TBG RULES hard.

Hero In Help

Last edited:
When somebody is passionate for a reason ARE they really at fault for trying to engage positive communication?

I have to say this is a first, linking a site that assigns meaning to passion and then cherry picks quotes from philosophers, and doing so to justify acting like a jerk. What you presented was I am passionate therefore you must abide by my stubbornness, arrogance, and general lack of acting like a decent human being. I know you play with snake a lot and you are held in high regard by him as a player, but arrogant-jerk is a poor response to something as simple as being kicked. Balls did what he was supposed to do -- he warned you then kicked you. A simple question to him or Snake would have solved the issue but instead you chose to mouth off. Fast closed the thread because it was going nowhere -- how that is acting like god I am not sure, but I do know that at this point you should let it go and quit badgering people.

An apology mixed with a "I am justified" isn't an apology. Your subject should have been: Slight apology/ False humility and a daily dose of your own medicine.
I'll rewrite your post for you so you have a template next time.

Subject: "An Apology"

Body:
"Everyone, I wanted to apologies if I came off like a complete ass. I understand that they way I acted was arrogant and impulsive. I was frustrated and should not have let that get in the way of a professional inquiry. Thanks again for great servers and I look forward to enjoying them in the future. "

That what an apology looks like. Not a post full of self-justifying fake philosophy babble.

Cheers.

200.gif

I have to say this is a first, linking a site that assigns meaning to passion and then cherry picks quotes from philosophers, and doing so to justify acting like a jerk. What you presented was I am passionate therefore you must abide by my stubbornness, arrogance, and general lack of acting like a decent human being. I know you play with snake a lot and you are held in high regard by him as a player, but arrogant-jerk is a poor response to something as simple as being kicked. Balls did what he was supposed to do -- he warned you then kicked you. A simple question to him or Snake would have solved the issue but instead you chose to mouth off. Fast closed the thread because it was going nowhere -- how that is acting like god I am not sure, but I do know that at this point you should let it go and quit badgering people.

If you missed this http://imgur.com/JXek6Ve,u1Qhqht#0 I can understand. If you didn't, then decided to formulate a pigeon hole opinion, that's really screwed up man.

Balls did NOT warn me prior to killing him. I killed him as the Z-11W was locking on me at a very high altitude somewhere near the RU base IN A SANDSTORM. I'm disappointed he didn't LOL as my jet slammed into the debris, that's how close I got to him since it wasn't an easy kill. I really was flying high around the boundaries looking for the helicopter when it lost track of me. Running back or staying near the RU base doesn't signify a backbone or any morale highground for kicking me. Had I recorded what I got me in trouble I'm sure you wouldn't be saying what you just did.

Again I don't expect anybody to apologize but this is sickly how bad you choose what to take notice and propagate what's not important.

Finally I'm not arrogant. You guys are great gamers when we're not pissing at your feet. But some of you are exactly what you project onto me. Arrogant: hiding behind your "insulted" friends, not letting the apology settle in, even assuming there are fabricated details to substantiate your claims. YOUR POLICY DICTATES A RIGHT TO STAND UP FOR OURSELVES and I brought the proof.

I'm not teary over this bull but I'm over the kick. I have to listen to mediocre feedback and it's boringly painful how you miss the point even if it's too many words for you.

An apology mixed with a "I am justified" isn't an apology. Your subject should have been: Slight apology/ False humility and a daily dose of your own medicine.
I'll rewrite your post for you so you have a template next time.

Subject: "An Apology"

Body:
"Everyone, I wanted to apologies if I came off like a complete ass. I understand that they way I acted was arrogant and impulsive. I was frustrated and should not have let that get in the way of a professional inquiry. Thanks again for great servers and I look forward to enjoying them in the future. "

That what an apology looks like. Not a post full of self-justifying fake philosophy babble.

Cheers.

(THANKS!) Correction: Everyone, I wanted to apologize if I came off as a complete ass. I understand that the way I acted came off as arrogant and impulsive. I was frustrated, because of my short fuse I should not have let that get in the way of a professional inquiry. Thanks again for great servers and I look forward to enjoying them with anybody here from TBG in the future.

Truly

Hero

Ps I'm over it.

Clearly you have issues,

and I am tired of your shit. Report players or don't, i don't want to see your almighty nonsense here again.

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back