Orange Text

Sonar90

Hey does anyone know if editing the Strings files under: [C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Battlefield 2142\mods\bf2142\Localization] will get you banned? I want to highlight some of the text colors, in orange, like I've seen in a few battlefield videos.

I don't think it will get you banned. We don't allow it on our servers.

bureau i think he is talking about when you kill someone it shows in orange.

We dont allow big orange text no.

I personally don't know how to do it, I never modify game files.

I mean so that it only appears orange to me, not everyone else, but if that's not allowed then I will change everything back to their default colors.

FAST its very simple, just add the orange color code to the text you want to appear orange (You can also change text so things say stuff like "[PlayerName] Committed suicide." instead of "[PlayerName] is no more.").

the local file changes can only be seen by you, one reason its called a localized file. you can make those change and it will not affect you being kicked or bans as it only changes what you see and not anyone else.

good luck!

FAST its very simple, just add the orange color code to the text you want to appear orange (You can also change text so things say stuff like "[PlayerName] Committed suicide." instead of "[PlayerName] is no more.").

thanks for info, but I just don't like modifying things. ;)

also there are custom files that are already made you can download from differnt sites. saves you from trying to figure out what is what in that file.

It will work with all versions. You are only changing your strings.csv file. Which as Seed said is a local file and in no way affects the game. If you want to mess around with it you will need a program that can open comma separated value files. Then from there you will be able to customize it to fit your needs.

I think sixer had the modified text and still does (where it highlights the weapon kills in orange or something). It can't be seen by anyone but you, except if you put color chars in your soldier name...

Back