Operation Blue Pearl Sucks w/ Vehicles

CryptKickR

Played assault lines this morning on TBG's server. Operation Blue pearl was the map I stumbled on to. Man! It's a frackin blood bath in there with vehicles. But the things is, it's all just back and forth for almost two hours straight. After the first hour, I just wanted my damn points. Before the second hour struck I just plain got sick of a walker being able to kill me at three different spawn points when the walker hadn't even moved... Fuck that! I left without my points, awards, etc.

That map would be frackin great with just soldiers, but it's too small and too tight for vehicles. It will be very interesting to see how that map plays with a shitload of people in there. It's a great map with some great potential. It's an urban CQB dream, a sniper's paradise, and many other things... - ...when on foot. But it never should have had vehicles added in to it. Just no advantage for anyone on foot against any vehicles, ever.

* My time approximation is probably severely exaggerated, however, it did seem like I was on that map forever with neither team making much progress at all.

speeders and fav are enough no need for goliath and walkers.

I can guess the names of those who would spend the entire round in one spot with a walker. I bet any regular in the NS maps can figure who they would be. They are the same ones who do it any time no admin is in.

I can guess the names of those who would spend the entire round in one spot with a walker. I bet any regular in the NS maps can figure who they would be. They are the same ones who do it any time no admin is in.

Janek Kos is one...impossible to even RDX that guy in a walker cause he sticks an infantry sonar on it.

speeders and fav are enough no need for goliath and walkers.

There's no Goliath.

Played assault lines this morning on TBG's server. Operation Blue pearl was the map I stumbled on to. Man! It's a frackin blood bath in there with vehicles. But the things is, it's all just back and forth for almost two hours straight. After the first hour, I just wanted my damn points. Before the second hour struck I just plain got sick of a walker being able to kill me at three different spawn points when the walker hadn't even moved... Fuck that! I left without my points, awards, etc.

That map would be frackin great with just soldiers, but it's too small and too tight for vehicles. It will be very interesting to see how that map plays with a shitload of people in there. It's a great map with some great potential. It's an urban CQB dream, a sniper's paradise, and many other things... - ...when on foot. But it never should have had vehicles added in to it. Just no advantage for anyone on foot against any vehicles, ever.

* My time approximation is probably severely exaggerated, however, it did seem like I was on that map forever with neither team making much progress at all.

I personally like blood baths. Take into account this morning when the "blood bath" was ongoing in Leipzig, I calmly walked behind enemy lines, and knifed five guys in less than ten seconds, would have gotten more but the first guy I knifed killed me when I attempted to re-knife him. Vehicles are helpful because they distract players and allow me to go and snipe / knife them. Maybe Crypt you need to re-think your strategy. p:

I personally like blood baths. Take into account this morning when the "blood bath" was ongoing in Leipzig, I calmly walked behind enemy lines, and knifed five guys in less than ten seconds, would have gotten more but the first guy I knifed killed me when I attempted to re-knife him. Vehicles are helpful because they distract players and allow me to go and snipe / knife them. Maybe Crypt you need to re-think your strategy. p:

Ah yes, my strategy is off! Why didn't I think of that? Geting killed at thrree different spawn points by the same walker is not good strategy. One APC covering at least two flags by just sitting in the middle of the map is also a bad strategy. Trying to blow-up that APC or trying to Pilum said APC is also bad strategy, because it just invites every vehicle on the map to come see you. At which point unless you are angled just so, you will need more than one Pilum blast to kill them, whereas they only need one cannon blast to kill you.

So, perhaps sniping is the answer to my poor choice of strategy. This way, after one or two well placed shots, I have to find a new place to snipe from and pray that I don't meet any vehicles along the way and also pray that nobody reports me so that aforementioned vehicles don't just sit and blast away at the last position I was sighted at, because for some reason bullets, rockets, and that damn APC cannon seem to kill you even when you are nowhere near line of sight. ( I believe you just told me this was called "splash damage" the other night. )

And perhaps my worst strategy faux pas is that I was playing on Operation Blue Pearl and not on Leipzig where you seem to have landed all your knife kills that somehow translate to vehicle issues on Blue Pearl.

Yup! I really must re-think this strategy thing of mine. And the first part of my new strategy is coming to get your tags, beeee-yotch! :)

i didnt like blue pearl in the beginning but it got better as i spent more time on it.

Ah yes, my strategy is off! Why didn't I think of that? Geting killed at thrree different spawn points by the same walker is not good strategy. One APC covering at least two flags by just sitting in the middle of the map is also a bad strategy. Trying to blow-up that APC or trying to Pilum said APC is also bad strategy, because it just invites every vehicle on the map to come see you. At which point unless you are angled just so, you will need more than one Pilum blast to kill them, whereas they only need one cannon blast to kill you.

So, perhaps sniping is the answer to my poor choice of strategy. This way, after one or two well placed shots, I have to find a new place to snipe from and pray that I don't meet any vehicles along the way and also pray that nobody reports me so that aforementioned vehicles don't just sit and blast away at the last position I was sighted at, because for some reason bullets, rockets, and that damn APC cannon seem to kill you even when you are nowhere near line of sight. ( I believe you just told me this was called "splash damage" the other night. )

And perhaps my worst strategy faux pas is that I was playing on Operation Blue Pearl and not on Leipzig where you seem to have landed all your knife kills that somehow translate to vehicle issues on Blue Pearl.

Yup! I really must re-think this strategy thing of mine. And the first part of my new strategy is coming to get your tags, beeee-yotch! :)

Does your strategy involve increased sarcasm levels?

Does your strategy involve increased sarcasm levels?
Sarcasm? WTF? Dude I am seriously coming for those tags!

Or did you meant the rest of the post? LoL! Yes, I was trying to make a ( sarcastic ) point, you light bulb. And obviously the point was missed.

I'm an infantry player except on Suez ( and a few other maps, such as Highway Tampa, where just infantry doesn't make sense. ) When you spawn, die, spawn, die, spawn, die, spawn, die, spawn, die... Well, that's just a whole lot of fun, now isn't it? My tactics have nothing to do with Joe Blow camping spawn points in vehicle X. Joe Blow does that whether I like it or not.

Now, I could be very wrong. But if I am, then how come a very similar map ( Karkand ) has been famous for years now as probably the most popular Infantry Only map? Something tells me it's more than just my tactics that have had clan after clan choosing I/O maps for all these years. I mean, I know I've got some influence in the gaming community, but this would be a bit much, even for me. :)

* Shit, I did it again, didn't I? LoL

Sarcasm? WTF? Dude I am seriously coming for those tags!

Or did you meant the rest of the post? LoL! Yes, I was trying to make a ( sarcastic ) point, you light bulb. And obviously the point was missed.

I'm an infantry player except on Suez ( and a few other maps, such as Highway Tampa, where just infantry doesn't make sense. ) When you spawn, die, spawn, die, spawn, die, spawn, die, spawn, die... Well, that's just a whole lot of fun, now isn't it? My tactics have nothing to do with Joe Blow camping spawn points in vehicle X. Joe Blow does that whether I like it or not.

Now, I could be very wrong. But if I am, then how come a very similar map ( Karkand ) has been famous for years now as probably the most popular Infantry Only map? Something tells me it's more than just my tactics that have had clan after clan choosing I/O maps for all these years. I mean, I know I've got some influence in the gaming community, but this would be a bit much, even for me. :)

* Shit, I did it again, didn't I? LoL

I got the point. I chose not to comment on it. p:
Was every single spawn point camped Crypt?

Oh...and bring it.

Nah, every spawn point wasn't camped all the time because the flags really did go back and forth like a volleyball. But it sure seemed like they were camped hard... I began having terrible flashbacks of that God Damn chopper hovering over spawn points in BF 2. I got killed oh so many times at spawn in about a five minute period before I just decided that map wasn't worth it.

Sans vehicles, it would be a great map. But many of the flags won't let you hide behind any really good cover and still be in range of neutralizing the flag. And the vehicles allow people to kill you from the other side of the map in ways that snipers just can't touch you. So, you can hide behind a crate and a sniper generally can't shoot you through the crate, but the cannon on the APC just lobs a few rounds behind the crate and you're toast.

The sniper has to have skill in his movement, his placement, and finally in his shot. The APC or the walker basically just have to sit and wait.

Oh, I'll bring it... And then I shall taketh away! [insert sinister laugh here, please]

Back