Oil Cooled Computers

I actually saw the original one done back in late 2008. It looked better because they used clear fluids and left the fans on.

really limits your upgrades... or the amount of energy you one would want to exert to upgrade. On the bright side you wouldn't have to buy fans...

Yeah from what I remember from the Puget test, the temperature dissipation was terrible... it slowly rose over time and never really became steady.

So it needs some kind of finned radiator and serious circulation probably anyway... but an interesting idea.

Very doubtful... messy as hell, not very practical, and air is just fine for most applications. Big air coolers rival even water cooling. And setting up phase cooling is a huge bitch, expensive, and requires maintenance from what I understand.

Lol LN2... just gotta have gallons of it for every day use and hire a slave to pour it in as it evaporates, and you're good for 24/7 lol.

lol LN2 would freeze all of your vital components and your CPU would explode to to mention if you dropped a kleenex on your case it would shatter like an egg hitting brick wall lol,

it would be cool though, I think that a pressure containment case would be really interesting to make, like reduce the amount of atmospheric pressure to near vacuum status and combine a small amount of freon/:LCO2 in the chamber and you might be able to keep a steady temperature, and it would be really cool to open the CD tray with that star wars hatch sound (sssssssssssssss chhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh)

[quote1240364643=monkeky12345]
They do have liquid nitrogen cooled computers not kidding.
[/quote1240364643]
Yea, but they are for overclocking the shit out of your PC ;).

Yeah usually they mount a pipe on the processor and pour crap on it... :)

but it's very impractical.

one thing is sure about oil cooled computers: Zero noise.... I think I gonna try it with the old one....

Back