Not Banned, but..

Alphabomber

I'm not here to complain, but to clarify, and get some clarification on something that happened earlier this week. I got into an argument with a member, I 'think' DirtyLex, but it may have been someone else.
Anyway,
A new round started and I hopped into a talon and took off. Now I suck horribly at dog fighting in a gunship, and at the beginning of a round I tend to die quite fast. So lately to stop the less than a minute in death at the beginning of a round I've been climbing high up and waiting until people start spotting. As I'm leveling off and about to start descending from the clouds I see the enemy doragon. I fire off a salvo and it doesnt die, but it disapears. We come across each other a few seconds later, and givin my leet dogfighting skills, we slam into each other. It was an accident and I would have dropped it there, he even got credited with the kill for it.
As I'm taking off with the next talon spawn, i see, a warning to me, something along the lines of, DON'T FLY HIGH ON THIS SERVER.
I ask so it's ok for you to do what you're complaining about and how he knew where I was? He said he was looking for me and he had a 'premonition' about where I was. I said something and he said something and then he asked me something like, "What are you saying?" I respond with something like, "You're a hacker bitching about..." and I forgot the rest. So I go back to flying and get this popup

[01.27.2009 19:53:42] DONT ACUSE TBG OF HACKING WHEN YOU HAVE NO PROOF, FIND ANOTHER SEVR TO PLAY ON AND CHECK REDSACK.COM YU NOOB" "" [Admin Decision]

I'm not apologizing, and I don't know if this person hacks or not, but. When a gunship is close to 500 feet up, and their opponent suddenly finds them, and then loses them, and finds them yet again at the same altitudes, and then starts talking about premonitions, they should have the sense to realize what other people are going to think..

I'm asking for clarification on this not flying high rule. I've NEVER heard of a rule like this, and I'm sure we've all heard of some pretty, well, retarded rules. No apm spam anyone? Or was this just your member having a fit over our collision?

For my part of the clarification.
I checked out redsack, and tried a few tests with it. Now, I may have done things wrong with it, but I've come to the conclusion, that, just like punkbuster, it doesn't work for shit.
I will admit, I am on the pbbans list from about a year ago.
I'll even give the link to it. http://www.pbbans.com/mpi/results.p...2&showLG=no&showAT=no&safeview=no

Yes, I use to use an aimbot, I do not anymore. Frankly, it got boring always knowing where everyone was, and being able to 1 or 2 shot everything that moves. I don't play as much as I used to anymore, and when I do, I like to enjoy the real rush of the game. Never knowing if you're gonna get a shotgun to the face around the corner, not knowing if that active rorsch is gonna emp you as you're dive bombing him and trying to sink a tv missle in his face.
I'm aware of how hacks are pretty much undetectable unless someone hands them over to PB. I know there's not really anything I can do to prove I don't, other than to say watch me play. I'm not that good, and usually end up around halfway on the scoreboard for my team. Every once in a while I'll approach the top from my team, but that's usually when I'm in a gunship or being a pole-tard in a transport.

I frequent TBG servers primarily because of the admins and how I've seen them act in the past, especially Soulz. I was on some random titan/suez server with him once, and some guy that had been banned from TBG was bashing him and your clan. Soulz was very mature and handled him well, it seemed the guy went from being a hater to a friend during that round. As I'm sure most will agree, maturity is something lacking from this game, and that's something I found at tbg.

Anyway, thankyou for your time, and if given my past, you do not want me on your servers, then simply say so and I will stay away.

First off,

I was wrong to "warn you" about flying high on our server, that is not one of our rules, However in a community founded by some of the best gunship pilots in 2142, its a pretty much un-written rule of courtesy that you don't fly super high. Its very rude, annoying and it pushes peoples buttons. That being said, that does not justify my actions of kicking you.

However....

We Admin our servers like big brother soviet Russiaalways, always watching people and every move they make to ensure an even, and balanced field of game play. We check Redsack.com which is a community site established by anti-cheat organizations that allows people to view players who have been caught by PB who are actively online and are listed by name and sever.

When you make an accusation that one of our members is "hacking" that sits extremely sour on the minds of all of our members [especially/u] our head admins, what makes it worse is that you accused a head admin of being a hacker with complete and utter lack of evidence ; that is complete and utter disrespect for the mature server you like to play on.

now on to my "premonition" : In my real world Occupation I am a Pilot training in the United States Military for a future career in Military aviation. I have been exposed to almost every scenario in which an attacker could be approaching from. When I fly in 2142 i use the same type of scanning techniques to locate my opponent. I Have also in addition to all the crap I just stated, have played this game for a considerable amount of time, in which I have flown and encountered every pilot type and am easily able to predict the position in which they are heading in.

heres my proof:
now in your case, I saw a faint glint of black shooting strait up but lost you immediately around 450m I proceed to do an Inverse S sweep to see if 1. I could locate you, knowing that you were most likely to descend and take out targets of opportunity, such as the Air transport or APC, or 2. I could flatten my attitude, and spam my C button in an attempt to locate you making an angle of attack on my aircraft.

you did number 2 which I was expecting because our air transport had not gone down yet, and my team had not spotted anything but ground vehicles leaving me to believe that you flying the Gunship were above their line of sight which on Suez canal is around 285m. at that moment after all that was processed through my brain I got him with 3 missiles, which went through the doragon's shields. I saw that you were making an abrupt and rapid decent at perpendicular to my heading at an inverted latitude at about 745-800m. at this point we had a midair and we doth died.

all that took me less than about 45 seconds to process, and then we both blew up about 3 seconds later.

That is a brief technical answer for you. I could give a university lecture on a ton of other factors that are involved.

I do not hack, I am above that kind of childish behavior,

I know my numbers and my aviation fundamental concepts and have hundreds of hours of flight time. plain and simple. And by you coming into our forums and posting about a warning and voicing your opinion about your kick, ask your self this, by calling a Head admin a hacker in game, and using other profanity, in our server did you really think that you were making a wise decision? if you did that on another poorly admin'd server in 2142, you would have received a ban, not questions asked, and no chance to post on their website to talk it over in a professional environment. just think that one over.

you are welcome to come here on our forums and voice feedback but are NOT welcome to bring Hacker accusations without adequate evidence.

the reason I asked you "what are you trying to say." I wanted to make sure that you meant what you said about me being a hacker. you replied in the context of something like "Yes your a hacking noob etc etc, how could you fine me way up there."
my question was a prompt for adequate proof for your kick reason.

Additionally, the fact that you admit to have used an Aim bot in the past,and got busted with it doesn't really aid you in your plea. however It does show me that you mean business and are upfront about wanting to stay.

that is what you want inst it ?? because you were never banned, and that little PB link just may have gotten you a ban on TBG severs. I believe the old expression goes " if you find yourself in a hole STOP digging."

I respect the fact that you took time to write your feedback and I ask that you handle the following discussion tactfully if you want to stay on our severs without a ban, because we will vote on this, We do our best to keep hackers out, current or rehabilitated and other admins are not as forgiving as I.

Lex

This explains why I am afraid to get in any airship when you are on the opposing team Lex.

Hell, I'm afraid of all TBG members...........lol.
No no....just kidding I like the challenge. You guys have great planning while in a squad. Specially attacking a titan.

My favorite is when Lex puts RDX inside the jet exhaust of the gunship and then asks me if i'm flying. Only to die moments later. I am busy playing a round and hes setting up booby-traps. I bet you could give a lecture on that one lex... TEACH ME TEACH ME! Love you buddy!

I would recommend staying off the servers. I dont want to see you in them again. Yes im talking to you Mr Alphabomber

@Lex
Thanks for the clarification. I had never thought of the 'unwritten rule', but it makes sense and I'll keep that in mind in the future. You have my apologies for the hackusation. I've thought about it a bit more, and given your explanation, and the thought of vehicle scanners, or even a competent commander using sat track. The warning had set me off.
Anyway,
No hard feelings from me, and I'll respect your wish to stay off your servers.
Take care guys

Oh, and CJ, just lol at that

Watch out when I'm flying. "Flying Squirrel" rules the skies, then quickly dies as it's always open season on squirrels.

[quote1233301112=Alphabomber]
@Lex
Thanks for the clarification. I had never thought of the 'unwritten rule', but it makes sense and I'll keep that in mind in the future. You have my apologies for the hackusation. I've thought about it a bit more, and given your explanation, and the thought of vehicle scanners, or even a competent commander using sat track. The warning had set me off.
Anyway,
No hard feelings from me, and I'll respect your wish to stay off your servers.
Take care guys

Oh, and CJ, just lol at that
[/quote1233301112]

Happy to explain.

and CJ, if you ever see a gunship neutral in the middle of no-where, do something quick called a PFI or Preflight in spection to make sure there are no bombs jammed in the buthole lol...

Back