nOOb in 3... 2... 1...

CryptKickR

Greetings, TBG!

First, let me thank you guys for hosting the servers you do. When I have time, I play BF2, 2142, and BC 2, and TBG servers usually deliver just what I want when I'm gaming -- lots of fun!

So, there I was last night playing BC 2 Death Match with Dirty-Lex and z242pilot ( who happens to be a real sneaky bastard with the combat knife ) and I was having a great time right up until I got the boot for a VIP member...

My first reaction was a string of verbal expletives about five minutes long that would have made any sailor grin with envy. But after some time to think it over I'm now curious about what the whole VIP membership requires, entails, and affords.

Does VIP Member = TBG Member only? Or does VIP also reference reserved slots on the server, a monthly donation, etc.?

I have nothing against applying for group membership except the fact that I'm currently trying to figure out if the gaming clan I've spent years with has finally fallen apart or not. ( Trying to figure it out is probably a sign in itself... ) However, if there are VIP benefits available outside of clan membership ( at least for the moment ) I'd definitely be interested in learning more. I've played on TBG servers long enough to know that it's definitely worth it.

Does VIP Member = TBG Member only? Or does VIP also reference reserved slots on the server, a monthly donation, etc.?
VIP members are usually clan members or those thinking about joining us. We have, on occasion, had some regulars that had use of VIP status because they played on the server so much. Send a PM to one of the Head Admins, I would probably suggest Renno, Soulzz, or Fast, and talk to them about it, or hop on ventrilo and speak to them there.

Edit: When someone gets kicked for a VIP member it's just a random choice or function of the server admin software. There's nobody there each minute saying..."let's kick this guy to make room". If you get kicked for a VIP member, just hop back on.

Sixer is right, one of the people I think that would fit the status of a regular would be wardog. But most defintely hop on ventrilo, you won't be sorrry that you did. :)

Thanks for the replies, guys. I'm about to install Vent right now in the hopes I can get it working ( I'm a recovering TeamSpeak user. )

EDIT: Hmmmm... Me thinks I need a new plan. This is probably going to be one of those obvious things I often overlook, but where can I find the password for the Vent server?

My apologies, I didn't realize age was an issue or I would have added that in my profile. I'm 37. ( Go ahead, laugh at the old man! )
:TFR3D1:

Actually, your a young-un to some of us.. lol See you on vent.

Actually, having just a bit of trouble with Vent...

What looks wrong with this picture, lol ?!?!

-

Ventrilo.png

Hop back on Vent. I think I know what's going on.

Well, it's a step closer becaus eI can see myself on the online menu now, and I show up as registered. However, I still cannot see anyone else in the server.... Wait, just got a message that says I was kicked from the server because my account was deleted. LOL!!!

Guys, I apologize for all this trouble and I sure appreciate all the help!

Back