No Man's Sky

Vordar

This isn't a write up or overview like I did with overwatch, but I'm curious to know who else out there grabbed the game or plans to get it. It's a pretty solitary game, but I'd eventually like to get a thread going for screenshot of some of the stuff found. Maybe some jacked up animal, a sweet interstellar selfie, or penis shaped rock that you want to show of to soulzz.

Still don't understand the phenomenon behind No Man's Skys.

Last edited:
Combination of Minecraft and starcitizen. The idea that the game feels so vast it verges on infinite. That it was designed by such a small group of people. Idk. I grabbed it just because reLly.

i actually like minecraft, even though I shouldn't admit that. Just every video I have seen of it, kinda looks boring and most people who are making them seem to come off like it is boring. I understand the idea of grinding, but god it looks like a eternity

The fascination was purely in a game that used procedural generation and voxels. Somewhere along the way people forgot thats all that was exciting.

It was never a star citizen or eve type game. It was always a single player game with some internet connectivity. Not sure how that got lost. I read everything that describes the game as it is now a month before its release and then days before release people are freaking out about how all of this was just dropped on them a week before launch...

i actually like minecraft, even though I shouldn't admit that. Just every video I have seen of it, kinda looks boring and most people who are making them seem to come off like it is boring. I understand the idea of grinding, but god it looks like a eternity

Thats what I thought too.... Then someone at work happened to cancel their order of 3 limited editions. So i got it with my discounts for less then the regular copy of the game. (mostly i figured hey I would get a nice free art book out of it)

Its now a few days later and I STILL HAVENT LEFT THE FIRST PLANET!!! Not because its too hard too, but there is still so much to do on it still that I just dont want to leave it yet. The night I started it it was 10pm. Next thing I know my mother is knocking on my door asking me why IM still up at 4am!!

It is a really fun game. In a very broad term its like a child of Minecraft and Spore. I am actually enjoying it

Thats what I thought too.... Then someone at work happened to cancel their order of 3 limited editions. So i got it with my discounts for less then the regular copy of the game. (mostly i figured hey I would get a nice free art book out of it)

Its now a few days later and I STILL HAVENT LEFT THE FIRST PLANET!!! Not because its too hard too, but there is still so much to do on it still that I just dont want to leave it yet. The night I started it it was 10pm. Next thing I know my mother is knocking on my door asking me why IM still up at 4am!!

It is a really fun game. In a very broad term its like a child of Minecraft and Spore. I am actually enjoying it
glad you like it, just might not be everybody's cup of tea. I still don't understand the phenomenon that was Overwatch, that seems to have died off

glad you like it, just might not be everybody's cup of tea. I still don't understand the phenomenon that was Overwatch, that seems to have died off

Yea it is a very unique game that wont appeal to everyone

Don't waste your time Vordar. I returned my copy.

Overwatch is a blizzard game so it has a base of roughly 20 million fans already, just because it's a blizzard title. It's very similar to tf2 and we all know how well loved that game is/was. Combine tf2 and the care blizzard pours into games, and you have the first FPS ever done by a company who knows how to deliver a good game. It's had some issues like all other games but it was damn near a perfect polish at launch. It's still a lot of fun to play.

If NMS was cheaper, like a 35$ inde price tag it would probably hit a lot more players. It's an exploration game, it has puzzles, some FPS aspects to it, but without a hard core quest/story that you have to follow to make any sort of progression, it let's you relax and enjoy exploring foreign worlds.

I already have about 8 hours in the game irish. Hopefully future patches and mods help the game some but it's been interesting so far. Bf1 is still some time off and I haven't seen many on overwatch lately so it's been a nice peaceful game over the weekend.

I already have about 8 hours in the game irish. Hopefully future patches and mods help the game some but it's been interesting so far. Bf1 is still some time off and I haven't seen many on overwatch lately so it's been a nice peaceful game over the weekend.
October 23rd is coming really fast. Especially since they are giving the beta out starting on August 30th so hopefully it will be "playable" at time of release. I say "playable" after how bad BF4 was when it came out. I didn't really see all the issues with BF3 since I wasn't really into BF back then. I started playing it 6 months after buying it. Apparently in that time they fixed a lot of the issues. I was more of a Counter Strike player and didn't get the speed of BF when playing 3 for the first time. Now I can't go back and play CS, it is way to slow and boring. Even GO is crap compared to BF.

You are right about TF2 being popular. I own it, but never liked the cartoony atmosphere. Probably why I was not into Overwatch. Only games I liked by Blizzard were the original Warcrafts. The RTS games not the MMO. Diablo 3 was also a huge let down for me. I own it, but do not understand why so many people like it. It seems people are smartening up to buying pre-orders now. I haven't bought BF1 yet and know several others who haven't. I think the lack of pre-order buyers also is a reason why they have not announced BF1 Premium yet. I know it is coming, but suprised they haven't said anything about it. I am ready to spend 120.00-130.00 on BF1, just waiting for the right time this time. 120.00-130.00 = 79.99 Digital Deluxe Editition = 39.99 or 49.99 for Premium. Only thing I can say about premium is, you get your moneys worth with all the expansions over time

Eh, with NMS, it is what it is. You kind of generate your own content as, like with the issues of new players in EVE Online, you're dropped in the middle of no where and really don't have too many signposts to get you thru. I think it's a sad state that, while the head developer shouldn't have made some of those statements regarding multiplayer and extras in the game, many gamers put too much into it. I fear the same when SC comes out eventually and people blast it because it was not up to their 'expectations.' I'm of the mind set of waiting for delays and launch a good game vs the EA approach which is grab all the money you can and we'll fix it later.

In regards to BF1, while I am looking forward to the release, I won't be bothered to buy it when it goes gold due to being burned in the past and well, just getting tired of the same old EA/DiCE routine.

Unfortunately, most companies aren't loaded like SC. Many EA's fail usually because of poor oversight, no budget, ran out of money, etc. I'm fine with EA, but realistic in that most will not succeed.

Technically SC is also EA, or whatever you want to call it.

Back