New to TBG clan

GL1800Nut

Hey everyone. My name is Mike, handle is GL1800Nut. I'm one of the old guys playing BF4 at 63 yoa. Been a gamer since my first computer back in 1987, long before the majority of you were born, I know, I know. Belonged to another group for the last year or more, AARP. It was a good group when I signed on, but has slowly developed into far too many 'children' who seem to be unable to show simple respect to others in the group. That gets tiring, for sure. I've heard from two other players recently that this group is great, so here I am.

I'm retired, my wife and I travel a fair amount, usually by motorcycle. Our longest trip was 11,300 miles in 8 weeks. All around the country, only missing 6 states. I also fly fish, coyote hunting and scuba diving when I can. Not so much of that anymore, only when we get over to Hawaii.

Hoping to see everyone in action. I'm pretty fair at the game, except for the jets. Love AA and tanks, foot soldiering next.

Hey GL welcome! Hop on to Discord sometime. Are you looking to apply also?

What do you ride??

Got a '12 Ninja 650 myself but been on the lookout for something more comfortable. Been quite tempted by a couple BMW GS1200 ads I found.

What do you ride??

Got a '12 Ninja 650 myself but been on the lookout for something more comfortable. Been quite tempted by a couple BMW GS1200 ads I found.
My wife and I both have Honda Gold Wings. She started riding 10 yrs ago on a Honda ST1300, but wanted the luxury and comfort, so made the switch.

I'm 59. My first game was on a Commodore 64. lol. Those things are in museums now. I was a huge fan of BF 42 then BF 2. "Battlefield Heroes" was like a kiddie cartoon version of BF 42. But man! That silly game was an absolute blast to play. I laughed so hard and had soooooo much fun on that game. I wish it were still around (sigh). The server finally shut down. Not for money but for some kind of legal dispute. There were thousands of players. What a shame. The music, the game play, the graphics. Someone would be keen to revise it someday.

Now I play mostly on "Rising Storm: Vietnam" Most all of the players on that game are polite and are great competitors. Lots of team work, Commanders, Platoon Leaders, etc. It's really fun when you have a good team working together. I'm waiting for VR technology to reach a plateau. Then I'll invest in a VR headset and take it to a higher level.

I owned and rode a Yamaha 650 Special II for 5 yrs in my College Days. It was a copy of the Triumph Bonneville Twin cylinder. Great machine. Never let me down.

The C64 will always be my favorite computer. By far. I ran a BBS off of a C128D called "Hotel California".. located in Brown Summit, NC. This was around 1984. We had over 100 users and a few from out of state.
I had a friend that helped run it and we were/are both huge Eagles fans. Those where great times.

OK.. sorry.. was thinking of the good ole years again. Back to being a cow... Moooo!

I ran a bbs off an Atari 800 XL called the "Snake Pit" My handle was SSSSSS! and anytime I could chat with someone I would extend all s's in a sssentence. NNNNNERD!

Back