New patch info.

Soulzz

Founder
Retired Founder
Source: http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-2/470046-battlefield-2-1-50-status.html

Firstly, sorry I have been away for so long, its been a busy time. So here as per request in a number of threads here is an update to where we are with 1.50.
Yes its still coming
We have been working on a few things to do with DRM as old versions of Battlefield 2 use an old version of SafeDisc
We have had a number of last minute hacks appear which we have made fixes for to help stabalise the servers.
We have a minor issue to solve with the Chinese version of the game.
While I can't give an exact date, we are aiming to release our first Beta towards the end of April '09 as long as everything else goes well.

Looks like the map is finished and the beta is ready for testing!

[blockquote]Open Beta
The new map is ready for beta and to get feedback from everyone. So its finished if you guys like it.[/blockquote]

OH AND FOR OUR PILOTS IN TBG
"- AA targeting tweaked to make it more effective."

[blockquote]============
Update v1.50
============
FEATURES
- Additional support for Windows Vista.
- Added Highway Tampa as a required map.
- Added a new map called Operation Blue Pearl.
GAMEPLAY TWEAKS
- Changes made to both the J10 and F35B to make them more balanced. Please note that the J10 is a superior dogfighter to the F35B and as such these two aircraft will never be equally matched.
- AA targeting tweaked to make it more effective.
- Added checks to prevent "runway grieving".
- Various changes made to prevent cheating.
- Tweaked the hit detection, hits will be more accurate to the model. [/blockquote]

This is for BF2 not 2142, but with that being said it was originally stated that the BF2 patch would be released then the 2142 patch. They are expecting April to be the open beta for the BF2 patch so hopefully we will see the 2142 patch shortly after.

Well - maybe i'll play more bf2 when the patch comes out...

Back