New Car?

Vordar

So I'm looking at a new car as my 2001 dodge stratus has a failing AC and bluebooks for about 1800.

I found a 2015 black chevy traverse lt that I think I like with 19k miles. I'm looking for some thoughts and opnions on the car itself if you have any.

Screenshot_2016-06-28-11-15-39.png

No not yet and it would take 2 weeks to get here. It's about 25k with 19k miles, which seems great for a traverse. Has most everything I'd want except a bose system but I can always work on that down the road.

I like it but it's the first car I'm having to buy since 2001 and I'm a little hesitant, so looking to see what other thoughts people have on the car or deal itself.

Chevy...maybe I am biased, but Traverse is solid.
2015 TRAVERSE RECEIVES A NHTSA 5-STAR OVERALL VEHICLE SCORE FOR SAFETY10

TRAVERSE RECEIVES NHTSA 5–STAR Overall Vehicle Score for Safety

The Chevrolet Traverse is known its refinements, right down to its safety rating. With innovative safety features that help make every road a safe one. In addition, the 2015 Traverse has received a 5-Star Overall Vehicle Score for safety from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), its highest.10

^^^^^makes it a great family vehicle

I bought a subaru outback with the eyesight, adaptive cruise, and blind spot monitoring. I like it a lot and avg. About 28mpg in shitty chicago traffic.

Looks nice. Take it for a spin and see if you can get a mechanic to take a look at it before you sign anything. Low mileage doesn't mean good shape.

Looks nice. Take it for a spin and see if you can get a mechanic to take a look at it before you sign anything. Low mileage doesn't mean good shape.
yea with it being 19k miles, either owner had a change of heart, or something is wrong by default. I mean, most new vics come with drivetrain warranties and maintainence schedules(as long as its done at dealership) good for what 50-100k miles?

it was a rental out in Cali and then sold to carmax. no accidents. it has about 1.5 years left on the factory warranty and they offer an extended, say 75k mile warranty for an additional 1500$

1500 is very expensive for the warranty. Those prices are negotiable and you can talk them down.

That i might be able to, the car is from carmax, so they are firm on the price, which again, every other car about that mileage and shape is about 30k

That i might be able to, the car is from carmax, so they are firm on the price, which again, every other car about that mileage and shape is about 30k
if it is rental, that is a good deal. 1500 for extended warranty is also not too bad(depending on how many miles you plan on driving). Though being a rental, it probably has been dogged out pretty good, or someone was driving on interstate in 3rd gear......1500 alone would just about cover labor for tranny OR engine replacement...not including parts. 50k miles is milestone with fluid/filter replacement(not talking engine oil)...but tranny, differentials, brakes, shock absorber(closer to 60-75k).

Also traverse's are easy on Kelly's Book so, 25k with that amount of miles is not too bad at all....worst comes to worst, once warranty is up, you have a trade in downpayment for a newer vehicle if you end up not liking!

I go for long lasting vehicles. I bought a 13 crysler 200 with 12000 miles for 10k. Best buy ever because I drive 130 miles a day generally 6 times a week.I would calculate pay off towards amount driven. How I did my math. Will I pay off the vehicle before so many miles. In Texas it's always high way miles so it isn't uncommon to see high miles. However I based my average milage a year and try to pay off 6 months before I hit my miles. I do not like paying for something that has to go to the shop for another bill.

Back