New Blood

shamFlex

Hello and good day to everyone. My name is Tyler, I'm a 22 year old Computer Science student from Kansas City, Missouri. I run a vapor shop here in KC in which I sell everything from e-cigarettes to water pipes and other smoking accessories. I plan on remaining the store manager until I graduate from UCM after my transfer in Spring of 2021. After that I am looking forward to applying for positions at Honeywell and other major companies in the area.
My story with PC gaming starts with Half Life and Counter Strike in 2006, my dad built me a PC with some of his old parts and showed me how everything worked and went together. He got me into CS but at that point I was only really allowed to play with him and his buddies as a kind of protection (I was pretty young at the time). Shortly after I got games like Battlefield Vietnam (the original not the bad company version) and after a while BF2 and 2142. I was a huge fan of 2142 and played a lot with my pops until eventually Counter Strike became my main focus. While I never played professionally I was a member of a fairly large clan who accepted me despite my young age, due to the friendships I had made with all of the members. We mainly scrimmed CAL teams and played 10 mans but would also play games like Battlefield together.
Fast forward to today, I've been adding and replacing parts to my PC and currently have a very decent setup that I am grateful for. I mainly play games like BF4 & CSGO but I have over 100 games on steam and origin.
I've been playing TBG on and off for a while, but I'm still fairly new to most members I am sure. The main reason I found myself wanting to join is that I've recently given up on CSGO as a competitive game, I spent about 2 years playing and becoming a better player, but never finding a team I could succeed with. While I still enjoy playing scrims and 10 mans, I likely won't be investing much time into that game for the forseeable future.
BF4 has always held a special place in my heart, when BF3 first came out I remember that was the first PC I ever built on my own, and I built it specifically to play BF3 at launch. Ever since BF4 came out it has been my favorite Battlefield game and my favorite FPS along with Counter Strike. TBG servers have always been my go-to for active community without any of the BS.
I look forward to meeting other people as I continue my delve into the forums. Thanks for reading, and have a nice day.

Hey and welcome! I'm from the KC metro also, graduated from UCM and also work at Cerner Corp.
I would check out the KC Computer Enthusiasts facebook page if you are ever looking into buying used PC parts for good price. Great people there.

Hopefully catch you on Discord and in BF3/BF4 sometime.

Welcome! Nice Intro! So you’re from back in the day huh :D I don’t remember your name sadly, have you played with us back in bf2/2142? We had a few servers for those games.

That's pretty cool actually, I had a professor that worked at Cerner and then would ride his chopper to the classroom and teach at night. Really cool guy and actually saw him last year at a Tool show here in KC (gained some new respect for him LOL)

Welcome! Nice Intro! So you’re from back in the day huh :D I don’t remember your name sadly, have you played with us back in bf2/2142? We had a few servers for those games.

I don't believe I ever played TBG servers back in the day, or really before the past year or so. I mainly played whatever I could find that was consistently populated. You might've seen me once or twice, but I won't pretend like I'm someone anyone will remember.

edit: I was also just named Sham or Shamwow for a long time. After a while a lot of people were named sham and it was hard to make forum accounts.

I don't believe I ever played TBG servers back in the day, or really before the past year or so. I mainly played whatever I could find that was consistently populated. You might've seen me once or twice, but I won't pretend like I'm someone anyone will remember.

edit: I was also just named Sham or Shamwow for a long time. After a while a lot of people were named sham and it was hard to make forum accounts.

no worries! Glad you like the servers and how we run things. Welcome to the site

youre gaming sounds pretty similar to mine. but my competitive peak was cod4 and cod4 promod. i never personally got too into csgo, only have like 50 hours total in it. BUT i was super into CSS back in the day as well. have you looked at valorant at all?

anyways, welcome!

Welcome! question.. your name is a mix from Shamwow and Flex Seal? lol.. just messin. great intro by the way.

youre gaming sounds pretty similar to mine. but my competitive peak was cod4 and cod4 promod. i never personally got too into csgo, only have like 50 hours total in it. BUT i was super into CSS back in the day as well. have you looked at valorant at all?

anyways, welcome!
I've tried a little bit of Valorant with my friend and haven't been a huge fan. I love the gunplay and hitreg, but same as overwatch I don't enjoy the character-based gameplay with ultimates and powers. I've got over 2k hours in CSGO and have played in some decent teams but never got further than main league in ESEA

Welcome! question.. your name is a mix from Shamwow and Flex Seal? lol.. just messin. great intro by the way.

That's probably a better combination anyways, back in the day it was a combo of shamwow and bowflex. I guess flex seal is the more popular infomercial now lol

Back