netflix show ideas

BlitZ003

looking to watch a new series give me some suggestions thanks

I recently watched netflix original series Marco Polo. It is set in the 13th century, about a foreigner (Marco) who is traded as a servent by his father to gain access to trading routes through Kublai Khan's land. Kublai was one of the khan's of the mongol empire. It was sorta like Game of Thrones.

Definitely check out Peaky Blinders... weird name, I know - but a really cool show. Criminal family set in 1920's Birmingham, England. 6 episode seasons.. but very good - IMO.

Peaky Blinders!! my home town - great show

Not on Netflix yet but check or look out for Vikings

One that has caught my eye is called Suits. A clever series where an extremely intelligent guy with a photographic memory scores his way into an associate position with a prestigous law firm without ever having taken law school and works under a scrupulous lawyer who helps guide him. As well, i personally like Marco Polo and Orange is the New Black.

<inserts 2cents>

p.s. I wonder if TBG's own KublaKhan is receiving any residuals from the Marco Polo series for one of the main characters taking on his name?

Last edited:
Arrested Development, Top Gear, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, ESPN 30 for 30...lots of good stuff.

Another couple of series which have caught my eye are Turn, and Black Sails. Unfortunately, neither are not picked up on NetFlix yet so you'll have to catch them on your cable subscriber or an internet streaming channel.

Turn takes place during the American Revolution and is about 'Merica's first spy ring if you're kinda interested about Colonial times and espionage. Black Sails is a high production series about Pirate stuff with copious amounts of bloodshed, boinking and treasure hunts.... Ayrrrrrr!!!!! Check them out, they're both worth catching.

Last edited:
zappy I don't been through sunny in philly when it was on network tv but im currently rewatching as my night night show

THIS IS AN OLD ONE BUT ONE OF THE BEST SHOWS IVE WATCHED........LOST

Oh man, for sure!!!! LOST was an incredible series albeit, i found the second season of the series to drag on a tad too much for my liking but after that......

Very suspenseful, intriguing and edge of your seat delight. :eek:

Back