need some help

VYPER691

My computer just started acting squirlly it gives me the bios page but say keyboard not read then when the timer runs out it says reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key?? What could be wrong and what do I do

See if you can get into the BIOS and select the order of devices to boot, eg 1st should be the hard drive with your OS on, save and exit.

It is not reading any keyboard I plug in so I can not inter comands

It should be making a fuss. Has it started throwing extra beeps at you when it powers on?

That sucks... have you tried a USB keyboard into a different port? If that doesn't work, try resetting the bios - there should be a jumper you can use to short a couple of pins somewhere. See where the jumper is in the mobo manual.

Have you got your motherboard manual? If not, search the net for the make/version # of your BIOS. It'll have a section on POST codes that will identify the error for you.

I put thecd in but I still can not get around that it is not reading the keyboard and I have tried 3 diffrent keyboards if the compuer didnt cost me so much to build I would remidy the problem with my 870 tool it normaly fixes all

What kind of motherboard do you have? Usually, they have beep codes.

If you cannot find the manual, do a Google search on the model number. Asus has standard beep error codes so that you can troubleshoot the specific cause.

Back