[BF4] NAVAL STRIKE SERVER

GonnaSting

Howdy, as many of you know, the Naval Strike Server is my favorite BF4 Server. It has a great group of regulars that play every day. Unfortunately, there are a few issues that have a huge negative impact on the game. In addition, the current 4 map rotation can get a bit stale. I would like to propose some minor changes that I feel would greatly increase overall player enjoyment.

1. Changing the name of the server from “NAVAL STRIKE ONLY” to “NAVAL MAPS ONLY” and adding Paracel Storm, Hainan Resort, and Lancang Dam to the map rotation.

2. Add in a few rounds of Carrier Strike. People who play Infantry really like when the advantage shifts from the vehicle drivers/pilots to the infantry players during the carrier attack portion of the round.

3. Add Votemap to the server. Let the players decide the map rotation.

4. Is the ping kicker working on this server? We regularly observe players with very high pings. They have a massive impact on overall server stability/gameplay performance.

5. Can you add a message that says “Jet-ramming is not permitted on this server.”

6. High ping Jet and Heli Pilots have a huge advantage over US players due to the way DICE implemented the net code. Can you have a rule that states “***NOTE: Pilots with a ping > 100 Cannot Fly Jets, Scouts, or Attack Helis on this server”

7. Do you know if there is a script you can run where players could request an Admin if available by typing something like “@Request Admin, Reason: Bubba is griefing”. Maybe have a white list of people who can use the command so it’s not abused.

All the changes could be easily monitored with your current analytics package; if player numbers drop, changes could easily be rolled back as necessary.

Thanks for your consideration!

Howdy! I will try to answer these in the format you made.

1. It is a possibility. We do change server names sometimes.

2. We typically stick to a Conquest Large format. it is the most popular. Changing map modes on a primarily 1 mode server could kill it overnight.

3. Votemap can certainly be considered.

4. We do have a kicker in place. it will kick someone after a certain time period when they are about 160MS I believe.

5. There should be a message in place for it. I can check that later.

6. That sort of rule is unrealistic. Vehicles are open to everyone and they are first come first serve.

7. That sort of command can be troublesome. Which is why we have the 'Report Player' feature on our site. Or you can get one of us in TS to help you out.
https://www.tbgclan.com/link-forums/report-player.96/

I hope this helps! Thank you very much for your feedback.

@Matt(FAST)

I do like the idea of the additional maps being added to the rotation, not necessarily the voting option though. I know I would be on the server more regularly with the added maps.

Hi Gonna, hope you doing well! Glad to see that you are still around!

Personally I agree with all the points excepted for these things:

1. I have no problem with changing the server name, and adding a map or two. But we add Paracel Storm twice in the past and both time we saw that it had negative impact on the server. This map is too long to load for people without SSD and is not appreciated by everybody. Most of the time the server would get half empty right after this my load even if the server was full before.

2. I agree with Irish on his thought. This is a Naval Strike Large Conquest Only server which is why it is as popular as you mention. If you want Carrier Strike or other this would be for another server to my point of view. Which is why we have 8 different servers to accommodate different players taste.

3. Every players need to understand that this is computers and electronics and perfection doesn't exist. Once in a while it is possible that auto balance or auto kick for high ping doesn't work properly. Just tell us when it happen and we will restart it when we have a chance.

Just my 2 cent.

Cheers

I agree that there should be a ping kicker. High ping just ruins the game in my opnion.

I don't think a name change is needed, or advised, as long as each map has 4 FAC.
I do like the idea of Paracel Storm in rotation. Best waves of all the maps.
The other water maps mentioned are ok, but I never considered them "Naval Maps".
Voting on Naval maps would be nice. Can the rotation of maps differ from the maps you can vote for?
I was just thinking... If you allowed a vote you could offer Paracel Storm, and/or other maps, as a vote to play only map.
Thx to all for your time.

Last edited:
Dont have the time to spend on addressing everything you pointed.

Ping kicker is working as it's supposed to kicking anyone at 200 and above. It takes a minute to make sure the player is not having a temporary lag spike.

I've added two maps to the rotation. If there arent any positive results it will be removed again.

With a votemap some maps will play very scarcely and it will annoy others.

Rule regarding deliberate jet ramming added to the server.

Back