My new toy

Farstar

bought this today at a steal for $243 ($268 with tax)
British Lee Enfield .303 No. 4 Mk1*
All original parts (missing a front sight post)
All stamped with the same S/N 73L5042 even on the mag
Needs to be cleaned and I have to restore the sling other than that great working condition. No visible rust. Stock is almost mint.
And all of it is 66 years old, that's right stamped 1944.
For those gun enthusiasts let me know what you think.. I'll grab and post more pics later.

Attachments

• enfield1.jpg
    enfield1.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 206
  • enfield2.jpg
    enfield2.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 188
  • enfield3.jpg
    enfield3.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 197
You have got yourself a find. Where did yah get it? I think it is worth more after a bit of cleaning up.

Got it at a gun shop in Ware MA. and yeah me and my friend thought so too thats why i bought it.. I knew it was a steal.

If I know anything from watching Pawn Stars, don't clean it up! It loses its value!
Looks pretty sweet

Naaaa clean it use it in joy it ~! It will get dirty again.

I fully intend to enjoy it. Besides when I say clean it TK i mean take it down and clean the years of accumulated filth out of it, not restore it or re-blue it. just a good old fashion cleaning... I do have to re-condition the leather sling.. but thats no biggie... I just want to drive tacks with it :)

Btw if any of you gun nuts or those that use weapons on a daily basis can recommend any type of rust protectant(not a thick grease already cleaning that off) and a decent lubricant for this weapon I'd be appreciative. I have stuff I use on my pistols I use but would like to take input as to what yall use that might be better.

Nice-
Fair deal for where you live - central Mass. former gun making capitol of the world.
The gun you have is a Savage
Didn't have a sight post - should have flat sliding metal sight
Stock is one piece of walnut
A good general cleaning and your good to go.
You could restore the stock - good fun project for yourself(not worth paying for) - would look badass

Actually its a Long Branch from Long Branch Ontario. Its Stamped with the word England on it as well... The stock isn't in bad shape.. its actually quite good considering that the weapon is 66 years old. Deffinatly does not need any immediate work other than a thorough cleaning and a little restoration on the sling... plus the front sight.

We can't play with those here in Canada :(
But at least we have less school crazy killer ...

No S stamp... Ill get better pics when I get back to my friends (its in his stand up safe). and yeah A gunshop in Ware... I was just as surprised.

Back