My new build.

1968USMC

Why this you ask? Answer = Save big money. I have a working knowledge and background in hydronic heating systems. I have a solar powered hydronic heating system already and has been providing me with hot water during the spring, Summer, and some of the fall for many years now. The reason for the rocket stove (the heat source build is to provide my self/family cheaper then dirt hot water generation during the winter months without having to use a food safe antifreeze. When I installed my solar hot water system my electric bill dropped by $89.00 per month. I'll wrap the rocket stove in 3/4 inch copper tubing and connect it to my already in place hydronic system.

That is quite the stove! I had to watch the hole thing to figure out WTF was being made ! :)

Sorry I should have explained it better. here is the definition https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocket_stove

The benefit of a rocket stove is that you use many times less wood to produce heat for heating as well as heating water. They also use them for cooking. They are many rocket stove designs the design will be dependent on the application it going to be used for. I have virtually a life time free wood supply (my 22 acre woods ) and remember you use only small wood, branch size to operate this stove.

Last edited:
Back