My job is so much easier when its not taking place in my house.

RainMotorsports

Leadership
Leadership
I cable managed my own desk, client wasn't happy:
5403912836904037285-account_id=1.jpg

If I did this exact setup at work some supervisor or project manager would either tell me it looks like shit or i made it look easy. You can never win. But thats 4 Monitor's and several accessories worth of cabling to deal with.

Versus my usual day at work:
IMG_20160903_100846.jpg

The desk on the second photo/left side looks really similar to my one. It has cable management in the legs on both sides, under the side panel. My got the holes on t the top/back side corners.
Also funny, my desk has the desk top kinda upside down, the edge cut off is on the top not facing down, like on the photo. I like it my way, its more comfy for my arms.
The tubular legs on the big desk looks stupid for office. Zero cable management in it.

What's the fucking point in giving you a lock if you just leave the god damn keys in it?!?!

What's the fucking point in giving you a lock if you just leave the god damn keys in it?!?!
Are you talking about that person, who needs stickers to tell which monitor is the left or the right ? :D

Are you talking about that person, who needs stickers to tell which monitor is the left or the right ? :D

Basic common sense actually. The employee needs the key when they move into their new desk don't you think? When the furniture is installed they leave the keys in it. Or on used furniture anything that doesn't have it is rekeyed and the keys are left.

ORIGINALLY WROTE THIS THINKING YOU MEANT THE SECURITY CABLE.
So no key and no employee id have to cut the cables. I'm going to be charging you for time. My cutters dulling and trash disposal in addition to you buying new lock cables.

Don't want to mark the monitors left and right? That's going to cost you a ton of time and or money. Reversed monitors have to be changed in settings by either our help desk or yours. You will get a ton of tickets from users who don't even understand how to get their mouse to the other monitor and work will not get done. Many companies have all that shit locked down. Everything has to be labeled with a location so why not include monitor sides?

Why are the stickers still on there? We usually don't take them off until final inspection. In case someone installed in the wrong location. Or we end up with 2 units going to the wrong location. The moment things are unlabeled we are fucked. Most moves have a consultant company that does the checks. But it could be us or the company instead.

Last edited:
Nice set-up to my eyes! I know what it is to have a client that is not satisfy, and still is... Hopefully for you you have some metal bar's underneath your desk, when it's just a flat panel it makes it harder to fix...

Back