MSI X570 Tomahawk wfi

There is also marginal benefit to going over 3200hz. I know everyone is all about squeezing out every bit of performance - but we're talking about a 3600 not a 3950 level machine.

I will add @FossilMaker31 if you can make it happen do a 2060 Super. If not no biggie, but that extra 10% performance would be handy long term.

agreed there was not much going over 3200mhz in gaming but when 3200mhz is only 4 dollars less then 3600mhz it was worth it to me to go with 3600mhz as its the fastest you can run without screwing with the CPU to much...plus going forward that extra 400mhz could be a factor.....as for the CPU i still feel he should kick the budget up a 100 bucks and grab a 3700x over the 3600....those 2 extra cores will come in handy in the next couple of years and even more so after the 3 year mark.....

for me i was trying to set things up to last the next 5 years at the min....with @FossilMaker31 old lady he may not be able to upgrade for 10 years so the extra memory speed and 2 extra CPU cores could be even more of a factor.....the extra 100 bucks on the CPU now may mean he is a happy gamer in 6 years and not looking for a new CPU....but as always its up to him...and really the budget the old lady gives him....

Got everything but my video card. That won't be here until next weekend. Should I go ahead and put my current card in so I can get new PC up and running and when new card arrives just swap it out or wait?

Help!!! For the life of me I can't figure out how to get my cooler master 212 black edition to attach to the Mobo. I watched the cooler master video and did what he did, I looked at the instructions but the spring screw pieces just won't line up straight. They want to go in a little sideways

Help!!! For the life of me I can't figure out how to get my cooler master 212 black edition to attach to the Mobo. I watched the cooler master video and did what he did, I looked at the instructions but the spring screw pieces just won't line up straight. They want to go in a little sideways
pictures and modo model you got?

Mobo model is title of thread. MSI x570 tomahawk. Cooler says it works with AMD am4 sockets. I got ryzen 5 3600 which is am4 socket

also, i have a similar cooler but for intel. what ive noticed is that the screws that have the springs can also be adjusted, puch down then shift side to side to get it on the correct mounting hole. also make sure the long metal mounting brackets are correctly seated on the heatsink.. ive seen on some that it has a little lip on the part where the indentation is, and it has to go in first then the back side.. not sure if you understand. like inserting it in an angle then flatten it out to place the 1 screw.

also, i have a similar cooler but for intel. what ive noticed is that the screws that have the springs can also be adjusted, puch down then shift side to side to get it on the correct mounting hole.
That's the video I watched and I've tried that. Maybe I'm not doing it enough. I'll go back and try again. Thanks for the help

You can see how far off it is

Attachments

• 20200820_163539.jpg
    20200820_163539.jpg
    7.9 MB · Views: 293
try squeezing the spring screws with your finger and thumb. compress the spring and move the screw. make sure the two brackets are placed in correctly, maybe you got them backwards.. swap sides?

try squeezing the spring screws with your finger and thumb. compress the spring and move the screw. make sure the two brackets are placed in correctly, maybe you got them backwards.. swap sides?
Tried all that before. No joy

have the same cooler.....you have the mounting arms backwards....unscrew the arms from the base of the CPU cooler and flip them....the arm on the left in your pick should be on the right and the one on the right should be on the left so the mounting screws will line up....the arms are mounted right when the feet stick out away from the socket.....you have the feet facing in.....

have the same cooler.....you have the mounting arms backwards....unscrew the arms from the base of the CPU cooler and flip them....the arm on the left in your pick should be on the right and the one on the right should be on the left so the mounting screws will line up....the arms are mounted right when the feet stick out away from the socket.....you have the feet facing in.....

this is what i meant on my last statement

in the pic of mine the feet are showing as being out....(its not much but they should stick out and not in)

Attachments

• IMG_1939.JPG
    IMG_1939.JPG
    659.3 KB · Views: 278
  • IMG_1935.JPG
    IMG_1935.JPG
    490.5 KB · Views: 278
Back