MSI X570 Tomahawk wfi

FossilMaker31

Admin
Admin
Is this a good MOBO? Wife gave me permission to upgrade the PC after 10 years. I was thinking this MOBO with an AMD 3600.

hey!

I've got an msi gaming plus. Been pretty happy. the x570 is good because it will support next Gen cpu also.

What video card?

Right now i have a rtx 970 with a asus tuff mobo can't remember what model and a AMD fx4100 using windows 7

Right now i have a rtx 970 with a asus tuff mobo can't remember what model and a AMD fx4100 using windows 7

Rumor has it that the next generation of NVIDIA cards will be announced in a couple of weeks. Might be worth waiting until September on your graphics card since you waited this long.

But if you must get it today, you can get a discount at the EVGA web store through this link which automatically applies my EVGA discount at checkout. https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=06G-P4-2066-KR&associatecode=XX95PJN1T76IONP

Since I haven't mentioned it on the forums in quite a while, if anyone is shopping for hardware at the EVGA website, use code XX95PJN1T76IONP at checkout for a discount on EVERYTHING, even items already on sale. It's an extra 5 percent off video and motherboards, and 10 percent off everything else like power supplies, mice, keyboards, cases, etc.

Good luck with your new build @FossilMaker31

ps. Here's the countdown timer to the NVIDIA event that's rumored to be news of the cards on September 1 https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/special-event/

Last edited:
I can wait but what kind of price drop will it be like 10-20 bucks isn't really worth it. but if its like 50 or 75 then yeah it would be. Another thing though is that nothing is ever in stock on the website it seems.

Last edited:
i bought a ASUS TUF gaming X570 plus and love it.....the MSI boards were having problems with over heating but it was with higher end CPU's.....watch the video i linked below

my system
CPU 3700x
CPU cooler is a coolermaster 212 blacked out edition
mother ASUS TUF x570
memory is Gskill 2x8gb at 3600mhz
GPU old stock EVGA 1070 that will get upgraded when the new cards hit
storage 2 500gb SSDs 250gb SSD and 5 left over harddrives
PSU is a EVGA G3 super nova 750 watt
case is a old coolermaster 922 with 3 200mm fans

I can wait but what kind of price drop will it be like 10-20 bucks isn't really worth it. but if its like 50 or 75 then yeah it would be. Another thing though is that nothing is ever in stock on the website it seems.

First, no one has announced prices yet, that's what the launch is for on September 1. Secondly, stock is really limited because no one wants to be stuck with the older cards with the new ones likely out in September.

One can only speculate how much stuff will be, so I won't waste your time with a guess as to how much cheaper and how much faster things will be in a couple of weeks. I only mentioned they were really close to release in case you didn't know about the next generation. Also, hope I didn't turn you on when I said "close to release." :)

First, no one has announced prices yet, that's what the launch is for on September 1. Secondly, stock is really limited because no one wants to be stuck with the older cards with the new ones likely out in September.

One can only speculate how much stuff will be, so I won't waste your time with a guess as to how much cheaper and how much faster things will be in a couple of weeks. I only mentioned they were really close to release in case you didn't know about the next generation. Also, hope I didn't turn you on when I said "close to release." :)
Whisper it to me buddy, been to long since we've talked.

ok was just looking around.....newegg has the TUF X570 without wifi for all of 165....for me i skipped the 3600 only because it was a 6 core CPU when the new consoles are running 8 cores....that is why i jumped up to the 3700x as its on par with what is coming in consoles so games should be able to run well for around 5 years (i hope)....you would be looking at about 515 for mother memory and CPU going this way

https://www.newegg.com/asus-tuf-gaming-x570-plus/p/N82E16813119198

https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-16gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820232882

https://www.newegg.com/amd-ryzen-7-3700x/p/N82E16819113567?&quicklink=true

the only thing that sucks about my set up is the Gskill memory....both versions of the TUF board only support 1 set so upgrading to 32gb of memory will mean a whole new kit and not buying a second set of the same memory....but the memory was only 50 bucks when i got it on sale....its 63 bucks right now

Rumor has it that the next generation of NVIDIA cards will be announced in a couple of weeks. Might be worth waiting until September on your graphics card since you waited this long.

But if you must get it today, you can get a discount at the EVGA web store through this link which automatically applies my EVGA discount at checkout. https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=06G-P4-2066-KR&associatecode=XX95PJN1T76IONP

Since I haven't mentioned it on the forums in quite a while, if anyone is shopping for hardware at the EVGA website, use code XX95PJN1T76IONP at checkout for a discount on EVERYTHING, even items already on sale. It's an extra 5 percent off video and motherboards, and 10 percent off everything else like power supplies, mice, keyboards, cases, etc.

Good luck with your new build @FossilMaker31

ps. Here's the countdown timer to the NVIDIA event that's rumored to be news of the cards on September 1 https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/special-event/

i was about to mention the same thing.. end of August is what I heard..

MSI makes good boards but if you're planning on overclocking you might consider an ASUS. MSI has been known to use cheaper VRM on their high end boards compared to other brands. This might've changed with their new boards so at least look into it.

i'll need someones phone number so that when the day comes and i do this and fuck it up i can get some help :)

There are great videos for almost every major motherboard which is really helpful.

1 other thing....DO NOT buy memory over 3600mhz for any of the 3 series AMD CPU's....going over 3600mhz makes the infinity fabric uncouple and run at its own speed with the memory running anything over 3600mhz....this will hurt performance in a lot of things IF the memory speed is not linked to the infinity fabric speed on the CPU.....infinity fabric is the link between the CPU stacks if i understand all this new shit right

1 other thing....DO NOT buy memory over 3600mhz for any of the 3 series AMD CPU's....going over 3600mhz makes the infinity fabric uncouple and run at its own speed with the memory running anything over 3600mhz....this will hurt performance in a lot of things IF the memory speed is not linked to the infinity fabric speed on the CPU.....infinity fabric is the link between the CPU stacks if i understand all this new shit right

There is also marginal benefit to going over 3200hz. I know everyone is all about squeezing out every bit of performance - but we're talking about a 3600 not a 3950 level machine.

I will add @FossilMaker31 if you can make it happen do a 2060 Super. If not no biggie, but that extra 10% performance would be handy long term.

There is also marginal benefit to going over 3200hz. I know everyone is all about squeezing out every bit of performance - but we're talking about a 3600 not a 3950 level machine.

I will add @FossilMaker31 if you can make it happen do a 2060 Super. If not no biggie, but that extra 10% performance would be handy long term.
I haven't bought ram yet, but the one I found was 3600 16-16-16-32 I think, but if I can save a little bit and get 3200 I'd do that. As for the super I don't wanna spend the extra $100ish

Back