MSI X570 Tomahawk wfi

i did the same shit the first time with that cooler.....i have the normal 212, a 212 evo and used both versions on many builds over the years....the new mounting system threw me for a loop....its better then the old bracket the normal 212 and the EVO used but until you understand it, its hard to put together....(i have only seen this mounting system on the black edition and the RGB black edition)....i really wish they would use the new top mounting set up with the old bottom plate that better supported everything being made out of metal, unlike the all the plastic back plate the black edition uses now

one other thing.....IF you have one of the old EVO's or 212's pull out the extra set of fan mounts and use them on the black edition....on mine even with the rubber pads on the fan and the little metal bars in the right place to hold the fan to the cooler, i had a little rattle to mine....putting on the old style plastic fan mounts fixed it for me....plus they are easier to take off when its time to clean the CPU cooler and give it a nicer cleaner look then the little metal bars....take a look at the pics below...if you want a set of these mounts you can find them online or i can send you a extra set i have for 5 bucks (will ship it for that) as i have a full set with rubber pads and the right screws i am not using....

Attachments

• IMG_1941.JPG
    IMG_1941.JPG
    992 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_1940.JPG
    IMG_1940.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 316
  • IMG_1943.JPG
    IMG_1943.JPG
    692.6 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_1944.JPG
    IMG_1944.JPG
    639.6 KB · Views: 276
i did the same shit the first time with that cooler.....i have the normal 212, a 212 evo and used both versions on many builds over the years....the new mounting system threw me for a loop....its better then the old bracket the normal 212 and the EVO used but until you understand it, its hard to put together....(i have only seen this mounting system on the black edition and the RGB black edition)....i really wish they would use the new top mounting set up with the old bottom plate that better supported everything being made out of metal, unlike the all the plastic back plate the black edition uses now

one other thing.....IF you have one of the old EVO's or 212's pull out the extra set of fan mounts and use them on the black edition....on mine even with the rubber pads on the fan and the little metal bars in the right place to hold the fan to the cooler, i had a little rattle to mine....putting on the old style plastic fan mounts fixed it for me....plus they are easier to take off when its time to clean the CPU cooler and give it a nicer cleaner look then the little metal bars....take a look at the pics below...if you want a set of these mounts you can find them online or i can send you a extra set i have for 5 bucks (will ship it for that) as i have a full set with rubber pads and the right screws i am not using....

dahm smoke.. use an air compressor on that pc.. you leave your windows open on a windy day?

Well you my friend are a god to me now. I feel like such a moron but yes that did work. Thank you for the help

glad everything is working out for you now.. see ya in the battlefield!

its in a open garage....no A/C no windows.....doors are open 18 hours a day....PC has only been built for a week....and yes i use a 80 gallon 4hp air compressor on it every week.....

looks sweet.....thought you had the normal 212 black edition but you have the RGB version, so you have the better fan brackets....little quick tip....the CPU fan wire can be rapped around the cooler to get rid of the slack and hide it....i pushed the white serial number sticker all the way up to the base of the fan and then looped the wire around the base of the CPU cooler to hide the wire...if you flip the fan so the wire pops out at the bottom it will reach the fan header easy

looks sweet.....thought you had the normal 212 black edition but you have the RGB version, so you have the better fan brackets....little quick tip....the CPU fan wire can be rapped around the cooler to get rid of the slack and hide it....i pushed the white serial number sticker all the way up to the base of the fan and then looped the wire around the base of the CPU cooler to hide the wire...if you flip the fan so the wire pops out at the bottom it will reach the fan header easy
Will do

have the same cooler.....you have the mounting arms backwards....unscrew the arms from the base of the CPU cooler and flip them....the arm on the left in your pick should be on the right and the one on the right should be on the left so the mounting screws will line up....the arms are mounted right when the feet stick out away from the socket.....you have the feet facing in.....

MVP!

I've been hooked on liquid cooling for a while now. They have great AIO coolers that are easy to install and do a great job. Then again, I always seem to wind up in a hot climate area where a little cooling help is needed and welcome. I wouldn't even know how to put on an air cooler anymore lol.

Rig looks good. Have you had a chance to game with it yet?

I've been hooked on liquid cooling for a while now. They have great AIO coolers that are easy to install and do a great job. Then again, I always seem to wind up in a hot climate area where a little cooling help is needed and welcome. I wouldn't even know how to put on an air cooler anymore lol.

No, not yet. Going to get bf4 and all that done today I hope

i loved the idea of AIO's when they first came out 10 years ago....BUT then the real world hit....most of the pre-built loops cant really out do the best air coolers....the big ass Noctua NH-D15 and NH-D14 can beat the shit out of the best 240mm AIO's on the market and it costs less....to me seeing the fact that a 30 dollar coolermaster 212 EVO cooler can cool better than a Corsair i60 120mm AIO and is with in 5 to 10 degrees F of the bigger i100 240mm cooler i just dont see the reason to waste the money on AIO's anymore....never mind the fact that i still have my first 212 i bought 10 years ago and i cant for the life of me get any of the AIO's to last longer then 5 years...(i have 3 sitting on the shelf right now all from custom builds i did 5 years ago in 2015 that all died with in 6 months of each other this year)....and its a common problem....the first gen i100 i put on a 3630k back in 2012 only lasted 3 years....dont even get me started on the new ERENMAX AIO's for thread rippers that AMD themselves recommended that are not lasting even 6 months!!!

i still love water cooling....but real world at this point a custom loop is the better option and it has good odds that the 300 plus you put in to a custom loop will still be usable in 5 to 10 years.....(i keep parts for years....so i like to see things that last a decade and even buy things like PSU's with 10 year warranties)

Back