Missing Ping?

jpatt08

Hey all! Just wanted to say I love your servers first of all. Just recently i have been having issues joining, saying i have been kicked by admin for "missing ping". After about 3-4 attempts it seems to let me get into the server but this never happened to me before. Any idea whats up?

it even happens to us sometimes. our ping kicker is set to a certain limit and also to kick for showing no ping. ive had times I had to try 3 or 4 times as well. I find it usually happens when I first log in or move from server to another quickly. hope this helps ya

Last edited:
have you contacted ur isp they would be able to shed more light on the situation then we could

I can try adding you to the whitelist but not site if this whitelist works with missing ping.

What is your in game alias (case sensitive)?

Many posts on BL forums with the same issue. I've read a few but the fixes have been anything from router resetting, router or firewall security settings, and reinstalling the browser plugins. When mine doesn't show usually just restarting the game works but in a few cases hitting the router reset was required.

Many posts on BL forums with the same issue. I've read a few but the fixes have been anything from router resetting, router or firewall security settings, and reinstalling the browser plugins. When mine doesn't show usually just restarting the game works but in a few cases hitting the router reset was required.
Yup I tried all of those to no avail, maybe I missed something. I re-installed punkbuster and changed the firewall rules for it, also I opened ports on my router and even went as far as re-installing the game.

I got kicked for no ping last week or so a few times. Never happened before.

So the whitelist worked for a few games then it went back auto-kick. Also I do have an antivirus running but I checked BF4, punkbuster A/B, and origin to the ignore list.

Try disabling anyway when playing bf4 see if it helps

And which server are you being kicked now?

Last edited:
try all maps now see if you are still being kicked. If that doesn't work you will have to find a solution to your router im afraid.

If you have Comcast you must go into the router and make sure the firewall is set to minimum. If you have it set above that it will not let ICMP through and you will not show a ping.
Hope this helps someone!

This worked for me when I used to have the issue:

WINDOWS 8 / WINDOWS 8.1
1. Navigate to the Control Panel.

2. Select Systems and Security, and then Windows Firewall.

3. Click Advanced Settings on the left.

4. From the left pane of the resulting window, click Inbound Rules.

5. In the right pane, find the rules titled File and Printer Sharing (Echo Request - ICMPv4-In).

6. Right-click each rule and choose Enable Rule.

WINDOWS 7
1. From the Start menu, search for Windows Firewall with Advanced Security. Click it to bring up the application.

2. From the left pane, click Inbound Rules.

3. In the right pane, find the rules titled File and Printer Sharing (Echo Request - ICMPv4-In).

4. Right-click each rule and choose Enable Rule.

Back