Minecraft?

bracketslash

How many of you play it?

If I started up a server, would any of you play on it frequently?

I used to but got bored by myself. I'd consider it, but I can't commit right now.

I can't commit I'll be on regularly, but I'll be on sometimes. I enjoy derping around, but only if I can do it either with other people or show them what I built etc.

We need protection or specific access, if it's open to the public it must be "Read only" to unknown people. Griefing is a huge problem if it's not just us.

I can make it so that people request to be whitelisted. Need a few more people though.

We might as well have cotton put one on his PC or something, lulz...

Getting a server is easy. Admining it is the hard part - especially if we're gonna have mods and bukkit and all the shit. Vanilla admin isn't too bad but we really need to restrict access to specific accounts because of griefing if anyone can connect.

I haven't played around with the vanilla server recently. Is there a way to have specific accounts be read/write, and everyone else "read only" for the world - or do you need mods (e.g. bukkit) for that?

We should get one going. I use to run a server in nz with some friends but obviously for the sake of you americans i cant run a server from nz lol because your pings will sky rocket :p And yes we will need to white-list the server otherwise you will get greifers 24/7 (from experience :p).

Back