Mildly interesting? Operation Flashpoint (2): Dragon Rising

HeatSurge

So apparently there's this "military simulation" a la ARMA II that's a sequel to an older Operation Flashpoint game (which I never played either). It's coming out on October 7th I think or something...

It actually looks aight, but nothing too special. We'll see if it controls/feels/runs any better than Arma II did (at least here).

A few people's dicks are really hard and pulsing with anticipation (especially fans of the first game), but I think it'll probably be worse than Arma II... then again, who knows - maybe it will be like a smashing hit or something...

The missing anti-cheat (not 100% confirmed but most likely) is a fail to boot anyway... perhaps a game-breaking one.

It's probably not going to have dedicated server files or multiplayer for that matter.

one would think they would delay it a bunch to fix all that was wrong with arma II considering they are on the same engine (i think)

I was going to make a post about this game but forgot lol. If this game is like Arma2 I wouldn't mind as long as its "playable". Arma2 was to difficult to play and too glitchy.

[quote1254102132=Soulzz]
It's probably not going to have dedicated server files or multiplayer for that matter.
[/quote1254102132]

It has online multiplayer (versus) and also 4-player coop for the campaign missions + editor... but I'm not sure on the details at all (mostly from their forums). I'm not sure about a dedicated server, but hopefully they will have one... IDK.

As far as the engine, I'm not sure if it's the same, but I kinda doubt it...

Bumpage. It's out. I watched some ppl play it on Xbox360 (live streams) and it looked... interesting.

I'll let you know how it is tonight.

Big disappointment: No dedicated servers, no anti-cheat (as of yet). Future DLCs promised, with possibly more multiplayer features.

The main "draw" of the game for most people seems to be 4-player coop.

What a joke, no support for the PC what-so-ever. Fuck you Code Masters!

Back