Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, You...

jvp

...fuckers!

Hope all is well with everyone.

I was reviewing some BF4 footage I'd shot, and came across an interesting death by yours truly (what? me? die? NEVER!) It wasn't on your servers and had nothing to do with TBG, but I want to employ your collective keen set of eyes.

This guy's stats don't say much at all, other than he just started playing. But if you look at around the 1 minute mark here:

BF4: It's In the Hole! - YouTube

I dropped it into slow-mo because it seems a tad suspicious to me. It could just be the server screwing up. But you'll note I get a front-side incoming indicator right as it looks like he's shooting to the left. It appears as though he was shooting before he saw me, turned while spraying, and nuked me. But the first hit happens before I see him facing me. Freeze it at around 1:04 or so.

It's possible a teammate yelled in VOIP, "Hey, someone's coming up behind you!" and he panicked and turned while spraying. It's also possible that someone else hit me, but it would have come from another roof across the alley. I didn't notice any muzzle flashes or anything.

I'm not going to report him to EA because, as I say: his stats are too new and don't seem to indicate badness. But perhaps I'm missing something.

I think it is jut lag, his icon on the mini map is fully turned toward you before the animation of the body turns toward you. Could also have been spotted.

Back