Management Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

[0xFE]theAirborneCow

Got kicked. Understandable.

I would actually prefer to be banned, so please make that happen.

Oh, did a little bit of research and came across this handy resource that may prove useful for those who have a mouth on them and consider themselves a part of your organization:

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/online-community-managers-should-lead-by-example.html

Also, I went over your rules for the BF4 servers. I will paste them below. I am guilty of rules 4 and 5 yet only when I brought up stacked teams and uncaps being attacked. Prior to my kicking I taunted the TBG members into stacking on one side so that we could go TBGvPublic. They denied stating that they weren't allowed to and they were okay with this. But when I bring up stacked teams, 26v32 with players actively leaving, I was called out insinuating that I couldn't handle it. I did and have been. One of your members asked me why I didn't complain when I was on the winning team. I replied "because I was smokin that ass. But now that I'm losing, you're all faggots". Am I sorry? No, not really. What I considered to be joking was taken offensively and was actively engaged by 2 members. One who had an official tone and one who resembled my tone of disdain and frustration. If you are going to enforce your rules, rein in your own members first before engaging the public. The "do as I say, not as I do" will destroy your community, I've seen it happen. To expand on your rules, TBG members and players were actively engaging uncaps which is in direct contradiction to your own rules. Your server is a decent meat grinder but the management overseeing it lacks integrity and passion to enforce rules. You have soured my opinion of your community and furthermore have escalated trash talk to kicks/bans because you "didn't like what they said". It is decisions like this that is making EA/DICE reneg server ownership and move it to publisher hosted servers with no rules except hacking/glitching. I seriously hope that you provide some training for proper public relations for your community as what was considered trash talk on my behalf was being done also by your own members. Good day and God bless.

EDIT: I also forgot to mention, at no time did I see a randomization take effect on the teams once total domination was found. If there was, I stand corrected.

Server rules for your BF4 servers as found at,
(http://www.tbgclan.com/threads/battlefield-4-server-rules.28187/)

Rules that apply for all servers:

-Racial slurs or religious/ethnic words used as insults will result in perm ban - will never be lifted.
-No cheating - ban will never be lifted if there is enough evidence.
-Glitching/exploiting - will result in permanent ban
-Continuous bitching and complaining may lead to a kick followed with a ban if it persists.
-Being a nuissance will also result in kick followed with a ban.
(If applies) Do not attack main base (uncaps). This will result in a warning/kick/ban format

Do not disrespect admins. This may either result in a kick or ban.

BF4 supports pbbans and we are streaming.

What was the message you got when kicked?

Hi AirborneCow,

Couple of things happening here so I hope highlighting will help.

This evening we are experiencing a couple of issues.

1. The auto kick script we have for high ping is having issues
2. Messaging when knifing someone is affected tonight
3. The balance seems to also be affected.

We are working to address these issues.

First thanks for bringing the balance issue up we are looking at ways to improve over this weekend and ongoing.

Second I was playing with you for several rounds / hours.

The recent chat log is posted below.

The impression our admins have is that your frustrated for sure after that one round but continuous complaining in game isn't the way to go right? This is what we saw.

That is why action was taken to not ban you but to warn then kick.

Other players also noticed and were fed up with the continuous frustration you shown.

Earlier you was fine saying gg etc

Last match it seemed like you blew up a little to me and we dealt with it.

Your welcome to come play our server we are just asking to keep things in check and if you feel the need you can always come talk more here with us.

There is no point posting hours of chat logs here.

We see you rejoined the server and we are happy to see that but please keep things in check.

[16:36:46] theAirborneCow > i getting 1 shot by small weapons
[16:36:58] theAirborneCow > not calling any one out but i cnat return fire
[16:37:07] KvyKevin144 > not seeing that at all
[16:37:08] theAirborneCow > which is infuriating
[16:38:09] KvyKevin144 - US Army - Alpha > when someone engages 5 people. help them. dont hite and be a pussy
[16:44:35] theAirborneCow > should do tbg vs public
[16:44:49] theAirborneCow > we'd stomp that ass
[16:45:02] 19DaRkNeZz68 > lol, we cant do that.
[16:45:07] ohatubyr > are you saying we should put all TBG on the same side?
[16:45:13] theAirborneCow > yup
[16:45:20] 19DaRkNeZz68 > lol
[16:45:24] ohatubyr > cause usually when we do that people bitch like little old ladies
[16:45:25] joelebroy > if that's whay you'd all like....say aye
[16:45:31] theAirborneCow > and theres always exception to policy like a pub calling you guys out
[16:45:31] 19DaRkNeZz68 > no, we cant.
[16:45:33] JDelta9889 > AYE
[16:45:56] joelebroy > we'd be happy to arrange it anyway that makes you happy
[16:46:01] 19DaRkNeZz68 > PUB? Lets do it. Im down.
[16:46:08] joelebroy > you guys wanna play against us....say aye
[16:46:12] theAirborneCow > aye
[16:46:17] ohatubyr - US Army > you will be when the pubbie is taking your tags...
[16:46:17] joelebroy > that's 2
[16:46:19] ohatubyr > hahahah
[16:46:25] ShootOtherGuy - Russian Army > one got into the alley
[16:46:33] KvyKevin144 - Russian Army > begind wall. dont let them stack ethere
[16:46:38] joelebroy > majority wins, we'd be happy to help you enjoy your visit
[16:46:45] 2005MustangGT > thanks for your tags
[16:46:46] theAirborneCow > yisssssssssss
[16:46:46] OzZLaW - Russian Army > A
[16:46:57] joelebroy > but only 2 of you seemed to want it
[16:47:08] GunshipSoldier0 - Russian Army > they got beacon at a
[16:47:11] KvyKevin144 - Russian Army - Alpha > k
[16:47:13] JDelta9889 > theres only a few TBG on our side..
[16:47:18] KvyKevin144 - Russian Army > ^
[16:47:41] 2005MustangGT > u dont want all of us
[16:48:19] theAirborneCow > you guys just cant handle the public
[16:48:25] 19DaRkNeZz68 > hahahahhaha
[16:48:35] KvyKevin144 > airborne go fly a kite
[16:48:39] 2005MustangGT > true
[16:48:59] theAirborneCow > why? i already have wings mokey tits

[19:56:22] theAirborneCow > teams are beyond stacked
[19:56:31] theAirborneCow > 26v32

[19:56:59] Urshurark > you know its funny cuz you where the guy taunting earlier when you where winning
[19:57:05] Urshurark > about 4 rounds ago
[19:57:23] theAirborneCow > duh i was smokin that ass but now that im losing you're all faggots
[19:57:36] Urshurark > okay then leave
[19:57:40] joelebroy > please watch the language
[19:57:45] Urshurark > its your choise to play here

[19:57:48] Urshurark > i dont make you
[19:58:01] soonteck1 > *yawns*
[19:58:02] MrGeist > GG
[19:58:04] theAirborneCow > no need to get angry/upset man its a game
[19:58:15] Navarone68 > wtf
[19:58:16] icecube1010 > peace
[19:58:18] Urshurark > says the guy who mad
[19:58:20] mrdude38 > those are the worlds most bad ass pallets
[19:58:25] Navarone68 > this game needs work
[19:58:41] theAirborneCow > so happy you're clan lets you talk to the public like this
[19:58:46] jeffopus > wait till november when they come out with the next one
[19:58:58] MrGeist > gg
[19:58:58] twelvepole - Russian Army > gg
[19:58:58] bhwinter > gg
[19:58:59] soonteck1 > we should all totally pre order it
[19:58:59] THE_SHAV3R > rape?
[19:59:01] joelebroy > pretty sure none of us like getting called "faggots" by a sore loser
[19:59:03] Invisobel > I'm sorry guys
[19:59:04] icecube1010 > that was brutal
[19:59:18] Invisobel > I feel bad
[19:59:24] theAirborneCow > sore loser? nope just someone who calls out the obvious
[19:59:24] ElBrayon > You get more points by healing than by doing any other shit
[19:59:29] mrdude38 > i got my final assist about 5 seconds before the round ended
[19:59:35] joelebroy - Russian Army - Bravo > jso please, grow up and enjoy your stay, or leave without causing drama
[19:59:46] Overbear11 > airborne, GROW UP
[19:59:52] SquiddyVon > same teams?
[19:59:52] Overbear11 > quit acting liek a 12yo
[20:00:46] joelebroy > you're welcome to play here if you can act mature.
[20:01:00] joelebroy > but if you keep talking smack and disrespecting, I will remove you
[20:01:10] theAirborneCow > i am! you are the guys engaging me! holy god
[20:01:21] theAirborneCow > learn some public face ffs
[20:01:33] Urshurark > dude just shut the fuck up or get out
[20:01:36] joelebroy - US Army > , you were asked nicely.
[20:01:40] theAirborneCow > ^ see
[20:01:42] joelebroy > I asked you nicely
[20:01:57] joelebroy > bye now. Come back anytime if you can play nice
[20:02:01] joelebroy - US Army - Bravo > @kick airmorn
[20:02:10] joelebroy - US Army - Bravo > @kick airborn
[20:02:12] joelebroy - US Army - Bravo > @yes

Last edited:
According to thr chat logs admin acted accordingly

And our plugins that are web-based have been down for a bit and waiting non host to fix it

Fast,
I am not arguing that TBG admins acted wrongly. They did act accordingly. The issue I am having is holding your members to the same standards that you hold the public to. I call some people "faggot" and Urshurark tells me to fuck off? How is this different? There is nothing that separates these two statements aside from the speaker.

SID,
I apologize, I do not remember. I think it was along the lines of being a nuance as I wasn't banned for racial slur.

Avery78,
Thank you for taking the time to post. My frustration comes from a player being banned while rcon is "down". If rcon was completely down, that script wouldn't have met its limit and initiated the ban. What also concerns me is if some people have the ability kick/kill/yell, they also have the ability to /eventeams, /swap, /move, etc to balance the game unless on a limited admin which wouldn't make sense as kick,kill,rban,tban,mban are far more privileged rights. But it was never done! It was left unbalanced and not only made me mad but no one seemed to care. There was no reassurance other than some members telling the public to leave if they didn't like it. That is why I'm frustrated. You have 7+ servers open to the public. Why not invest some pride into the organization? Why not hold members accountable for defacing the TBG name? The same things you are holding public players accountable for is being down by your very own members!

I have included a link to an official RCON forum commands list in English:
(http://www.rconnet.de/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=785)

We dont use rconnet commands. We have our custom admin. We dont have even teams or swap commands.
So what you have linked is pointless

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Do you use the rcon platform? several statements were made saying rcon was down. if that is true, you have basic in game commands. all you have to do is enable/disable them.

No we only use rconnet for some plugins and procon for the rest. Some plugins are down because of rconnet

Procon also has the @move command but no @swap or @eventeams. If you don't assign a squad the player will default to unassigned (no squad). You also have the @fmove command which is force move, which is self explanatory. My point is, both layers have the commands available. I highly recommend you take the time to set them up properly for your admins so that situations such as tonight don't happen again. If you need help setting them up, I am more than willing to provide assistance as I am very experienced with procon and insane limits.

You still dont get it. It is a custom admin plugin written by tbg.
We dont have or want @move command.
We have been using the exact same thing since bad company 2.

We been around since 2008. Leave the managing to us.

Thanks for showing interest. Good night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back