Love TERAbytes!

C

cjjeans

i'm so happy my job just bought me this...

tb.jpg

Nice! I need to get me one of those soon.

Why is this so cool? There's 1.5 TB 3.5'' HDDs out there if you want one... just put it in an enclosure if you want external and it will be even smaller??

:-D

I see.

I have 1.5 combined right now over 4 drives :)

Kinda getting older... I should replace them soon.

I've had TBs of space since 2004, so I don't know what everyone is so excited about.

1 TB drive - in 1 place.... thats pretty big right?
I mean - who uses all that space anyways?

I know you could have several Gb drives combining 1tb or more - but a single TB drive for me is a big deal.

My laptop has 250 gb and i have a 320 gb external. I store programs, artwork, music, design projects, websites, etc. on the external and still not even close to filling it up!

Not everybody is as 1337 as you, Boon :-D

JK...

But yeah, 1.5 TB is kinda getting ridiculous. They say they'll be able to make 10TB by 2010 supposedly...

Lots o' space for lossless audio and Full HD video FTW ;-)

I mean one double layer blu-ray disc is capable of 50gb and 1 TiB is is equivalent of 1,000 Gb. That is 20 Blu-Ray movies...

Having 1 large single terrabyte isnt as helpful as four that add up to 2TB in RAID 0+1. Technically, its only 1TB because the second TB is held in backup of the first set of striped disks. of course, on a laptop this stuff isnt possible. haha.

[link=http://www.falcon-nw.com/config/build.asp]You sure about that laptop statement? Click here to build your own laptop.[/link]

They need to make a raid standard that stripes to n hard drives (8-stripe anyone?) :-D

Maybe it already exists, it's just not mainstream I guess...

Back