Losing Saaws

Kio25

Losing saaws without shields or flying low.
Fast. Tutorial. Here.

fly straight if you've got enough of a lead, or if you don't do some crazy flips

[quote1203025405=Kwailo]
fly straight if you've got enough of a lead, or if you don't do some crazy flips
[/quote1203025405]

the flips are where they catch up with me. i thought flying upsdie down might help. i dont know how well the game engine follows the heat source when its facing the other way.

First off, you got to have some sort of idea which part of the map is coming from. Your goal is to get as far away from that direction as possible. If you are low try to get in front of a building, trees, walls etc, to intercept the incoming saaw. If you are high, fly far away from the source again. Try flying upside down and then raise your nose up or down 45 degrees. You should see the saaw swirling around you and after it swirls around you it just explodes. Also you can do that upside down thing and all of sudden stop and drop. It will break lock or swirl because when you go full speed it tracks you but as you stop the saaw goes crazy or something. Drop until you are really close to ground because as that saaw is swirling around it will hit the ground instead of you....get it? But its easier said then done, you got to do it perfectly for it to work. Sometimes i feel like killing someone and dont care that there is a incoming saaw. You got to time it right, that includes getting away from the enemy gunship you are trying to kill. Got a decision to make, kill the enemy or protect yourself from saaw. Choose lol

or you can just wait til' I fly by and it locks on me instead fast..........

[quote1203062598=theBureau]
or you can just wait til' I fly by and it locks on me instead fast..........
[/quote1203062598]

021 054

predator flat out tells me he is going to use me as bait. "oh dont worry, when the other GS is coming down on you ill take him out" =(

haha I never tell the noobs when I use them as bait, it just makes them nervous and they crash

yeah kwailo just waits for other gunship to die, uses them as bait, trust me lol. That bitch! 005 011 038 007

[quote1203107302=Kio25]
hahaha roth, he just called you a noobie!
[/quote1203107302]

ahhhhh crap.

well, i never agreed to it 055

. i think he just uses me for my body. ym GS experience is rollercoaster. i need to build consistancy. its time to commit to either flying well all the time, or failing all the time.

if your solo just switch seats and you will drop the lock. I just follow kwailo's advice and get away as fast as I can. Straight up works pretty well in a pinch, to much altitude kinda sucks though.

i dont think you break saaws all the time by switching seats. I remember I did that, and it still hit me, the only thing that I noticed, is that I lost the beeping the sound. lol

Back