Logitech G19 Keyboard - Review

Soulzz

Founder
Retired Founder
Source: http://www.rwlabs.com/article.php?id=121

People who spend countless hours in front of their computers, from professionals to gamers have always been on a quest to find the best possible keyboard to support them in their work and pleasure. However up until a few years back keyboards were all just about the same with only minor differences in design. This has come to change and now whenever we go to a computer store we find ourselves surrounded by countless keyboards from countless companies with a vast variety of features. Still only a handful support the hardcore gamer and the Logitech G19 Gaming Keyboard is clearly the most impressive to date and how couldn't it be since Logitech has a long history with gaming keyboards and accessories.

Logitech was founded in 1981 at Apples, Switzerland and the first device they conjured was the mouse which provided a more intuitive way of interacting with computers. Since those early days they have expanded their expertise in product design beyond the computer mouse, with a broad portfolio of interface devices that are the “last inch†between you and your computer or your console game, digital music or home-entertainment system. With products sold in almost every country in the world, Logitech’s leadership in innovation now encompasses a wide variety of personal peripherals (both cordless and corded), with special emphasis on products for PC navigation, gaming, Internet communications, digital music and home-entertainment control. For each of their product categories they study how our customers use their digital devices and their our designers and engineers set their sights on how they can create a better experience with those devices – richer, more comfortable, more fun, more productive, more convenient, more delightful. Focused on innovation and quality, Logitech designs personal peripherals to help people enjoy a better experience with the digital world.

The Logitech G19 Gaming Keyboard features the latest technology in keyboards from Logitech for gamers. Most people in the gaming community must be quite familiar with both of the G15 versions out there and the G19 is quite a few steps ahead with many new and innovative features in comparison. Specifically the 320x240 color LCD screen found on the top middle is perhaps the best feature or at least the most impressive found on the G19. Still since it does not feature an ergonomic key design it is mostly targeted towards gamers.

I've seen the G19. A very sweet keyboard, expensive but sweet.

I bought the G15 for my son less than 2 years ago whn I built his new system. He plays BF2, COD4, and lots of WOW. Lately he has had problems with the 9,0,O,P section of the board. Called tech and they say it is only under warranty for a year, so I may be buying a new keyboard of some type this weekend. The glitch is intermittent, but very prustrating. We are a big fan of their products though.

I'm sorry but I just have to wonder WHY the hell would you want to look at your KEYBOARD?! A color screen is an incredible overkill imo.

I would've liked a black and white (grayscale) cheap screen at best to keep price down, and even then the only thing I could think it would be useful for is to monitor temperatures / clocks for components (EVGA Precision)...

Also, except for the "cool" factor, having backlit keys is utterly stupid. I hardly ever look at my keyboard when on my computer. I mean, if you're a hardcore gamer and you have to look at the keyboard when you play your games, you're an utter failure at life...

Interesting "concept" but practically, this will probably be about as popular as the "Art Lebedev" LED keys keyboards, which sell for a bargain at $1000+...

I only use my G15 screen for the time. I also only use it when I'm gaming.. go figure, lol :p.

Back