List your gpu

Dudes sapphire r9 280 toxic edition is sick a little weaker than 780 GTX but the fastest one out there for 280s. 50 bucks more than standard 280s but worth it and has 3 fans.

It comes with 3 gigs or 6. 6 way more pricy

I'm still undecided FYI just pointing something out ;)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk now Free

the gigabyte r9 280x looks to have the fastest factory clock speed @1100 and a good cooler with 3 fans. for 320 bucks.
I think I'm going to pick one up.
As a side note: Kubla better not bitch out on BF4...I'll send him my 6970 for free!

Fast is right the sapphire toxic is a faster card by 50Mhz in stock form. Looks beast too. looks to be about the same price as a 770 gtx.

Yea rain and I are thinking about getting the toxic. Great value and future proof for 3-4 years. If you are over clocking I would say get a good psu. Lol

Stock settings are already perfect though. There was a YouTube video comparing bit with the 770 gtx and they were literally on par sometimes 770 doing better and vice versa. Really depends on what though. If you overclock that shit has to beat the gtx.

Fast is right the sapphire toxic is a faster card by 50Mhz in stock form. Looks beast too. looks to be about the same price as a 770 gtx.

The thing is the Toxic also has s way high base clock. The Asus runs like 850 base as all these throttle and the toxic runs like 1000 or 1100 base with only a small turbo clock.

Pretty crazy that I'm considering this.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 powered by CyanogenMod 10.2 (Android 4.3)

Toxic runs 1100 base and 1150 in boost. Not sure how much headroom is left. probably almost nothing?

The boost is pretty much left there for compatibility it had to be something. As far as over clocking goes mileage may very but expect nothing. I'm honestly worried about chips that passed testing artifacting in the real world

Sent from my Galaxy S2 powered by CyanogenMod 10.2 (Android 4.3)

And its really big so full size tower is probably recommended.

Looks like 12.4 inches (thats what she said) is the rated size for this mid tower. But thats only for the first slot I can't crossfire. I remember telling renno something more along the lines of 11.5 or so when he went to iraq but that might have been taking into account actually using the drive bays behind the GPU.

The case I WAS going to get looks like its around the same - CFI Diablo LT CFI-B1010 Black SECC / Mesh & Plastic Front Bezel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Newegg.com However their other case thats a tiny bit prettier but doesnt have the top drive dock but it has a better arrangement to fit he single GPU - CFI Bastet CFI-A4012 Black SECC / Mesh & Plastic Front Bezel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Newegg.com

I will miss the top swap bay that my current case (and the other case has) but the bottom swap bays are okay as well:
P1000608.jpg

Pretty much this. Only I don't have money.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1381599022222.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381599022222.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 300
I was looking at ncix site too. Better shit than newegg and tigerdirect in terms of pricing, and price match.

Problem with that card, it is REALLY heavy, you will need to add brackets or something because the only things holding are the pins and slot

Why not go for toxic, it's slightly pricier but great setup and a little more future proof. But yeah gigabyte windforce has solid cooling with a nice factory overclock.

Just my opinion :)

Yeah I guess the Toxic is only like 50 bucks more? And it looks like a far nicer card.
I also just found out that you can crossfire these cards with older 7970's as they are basicaly the same card.

Back