LevelCap and cleaning up BF4

Maliksky

I agree with him completely.

And the freak'n jets ruin the game since there is no reliable way to shoot them down.

Usually level cap has some very insightful feedback on BF4 mechanics, but in this video I think he took a sledge hammer where a scalpel would have sufficed.

I do agree with his point on impact grenades -and on grenade spam in general- everyone should have only one of each offensive grenade, and impact grenade needs to see further damage and range nerfs.

edit:

Also the defensive perk default chest armor is an iffy topic, many consider it to be far superior to other perks, hence unbalanced. Then again there are many things like that in BF4, where there is clearly one superior perk when compared to others -whether it be for infantry or armor- a major balance pass would be nice so there is a broader range of choices on what to equip.

Last edited:
Wow....this guy, levelcamp can go piss off and stop whining...it's annoying and should be removed from the game;)
Like cruise missile....you cant anticipate..or prepare for: EXCEPT that voice that says up enemy cruise missile inbound...and a big giant white thing with a 10foot lighter attatched to the ass end of it flying across the sky doesnt ring any bells?

Mortars....very very hard to fight against unless you have a mortar of your own..*cough* MAV*cough*

SLams, you cant really destroy them or see them..*cough* MAV* cough* ...cant anticiipate them, uhhhhh dont travel paths that you know there some might be ??
Xm25...okay, I can agree, it is a very over abused "game changing" addition.(map-s not utilized enough..not worth the gadget slot)
SUAV, ever used in a tactical manner? Cant tell you how many Laser Designation kills I have gotten from that on some of the bigger maps..tactical enough? Annoying? so arent bullets annoying too?

Javelin-annoying? no warning...guess he doesnt notice the little white "threat" arrow....Great weapon when teamed up "tactically" with a *cough* SUAV*cough*

Really? defense perc? has it's uses in different modes. anyone who runs around with it all the time though....should be removed. example of good use: support class defense on rush with no medics...

Ability to repair helos in the AIR???? WHAT? did he not play bf2?????? Not overpowered....just gettin whooped by teamwork...no reason a squad defending a flag with stingers cant counter that..

Jets???? what a whiney dude. Jets in BF2 waaaaaay stronger.., but the "counter" to that is not creating more "OP" weapons: add more stationary AA(stingers)BF2 had a shit ton of sationary AAs..that's like saying getting rid of spitfires and BF109s in 1942......

"add more stationary AA(stingers)BF2 had a shit ton of sationary AAs\"....and they were easy as fuck to take care of with main gun because the seat was open to air or you could just drop a bomb on them. Then again, the jets could take one hit and be damaged and still fly just fine unlike bf4 where one AA hit throws you sideways half the time and the jet is unresponsive for a short time after a hit.....but yeah, they'r op as fuck.

Edit: not to mention BF4 jets respond like dogshit in comparison to the jets in BF2.

Sounds to me like he wants BF2 style warfare...and even then the mines were crazy. They didn't glow neon all over the map, they weren't sticky, but they were dropped everywhere like candy with the right squad. Were those OP as fuck too cause they accounted for about 10% of my total kills for the first six months I played BF2.

Crescent Wrench in the choppers! I miss the FUCK out of Teamwork points. I remember some rounds when I managed to hop in the blackhawk first and go like 200-200-0-0....First place, not a single round fired.

**edit** spawn as support so your engis could drop mines like blackhawk shit all over the place!

Wow....this guy, levelcamp can go piss off and stop whining...it's annoying and should be removed from the game

LOL

LevelCap, XfactorGaming, Matimio, and Jackfrags have great content on BF4 gameplay mechanics and strategy, on this particular video I do agree with you, levelcap says the word "annoying" too many times to even count, and is whining too much... whining ain't a problem if it's backed by solid arguement, but in this video he doesn't really provide any argument other than "it's annoying," which is annoying, actually, haha.

Mortars....very very hard to fight against unless you have a mortar of your own..*cough* MAV*cough*

I agree with ya there Snake, Levelcap makes no sense on this one, mortars should definitely not be removed.

If I remember correctly, in BF3 the MAV couldn't destroy equipment, but the function of destroy equipment for the recon's MAV in BF4 is a welcome addition, and fits perfectly with the "rock, paper, scissors" formula of Battlefield. If mortars are shelling a position hard, I'll throw up an MAV and make quick work of the mortar squads. Also, mortars are limited to 1 per spawn, they can't be re equipped once destroyed, so why LevelCap thinks their OP... :confused:

SLams, you cant really destroy them or see them..*cough* MAV* cough* ...cant anticiipate them, uhhhhh dont travel paths that you know there some might be ??

SLAMs are another iffy topic, I don't think they should be able to be placed in water, even at shallow depths.

But you are right, they are easily countered in that vehicles should simply avoid choke points, or what I do is put some shells into a choke point before I proceed, the blast radius usually detonates any mines/slams I don't have a visual on.

Xm25...okay, I can agree, it is a very over abused "game changing" addition.(map-s not utilized enough..not worth the gadget slot)

The XM25 I don't have a problem with, it seems capable of causing damage equal to the assault m320 grenade launcher, and both appear balanced. I would say the only infantry based explosive that needs to see a nerf is the number of grenades that can be carried.

MAP-S is an interesting gadget, there is this group of Japanese players that frequent the all maps conquest server, they have a brilliant strategy for the MAP-S. On flood zone, for example, what they'll do is control the highway with a couple LAVs, and then have some supports place MP-APS at strategic intervals in both the middle and exit ramp closest to their home spawn. Now, if an opposing LAV goes up against one or both of the Japanese armor squads, they will have to first penetrate the LAVs' active protection defenses, then another two layers of active protection in the form of the MAP-S (and when the cooldown on one expires, another usually becomes available again), and only then can you begin doing any actual damage to the armor; all the while they will have a squad of dedicated mechanics, and it makes for a killer strategy. However, this goat has circumvented their sneaky little ideas. :D

SUAV, ever used in a tactical manner? Cant tell you how many Laser Designation kills I have gotten from that on some of the bigger maps..tactical enough? Annoying? so arent bullets annoying too?

LevelCap wrong again, agreed on the laser designation capabilities of this nifty little gadget, it's an invaluable tactic.

Javelin-annoying? no warning...guess he doesnt notice the little white "threat" arrow....Great weapon when teamed up "tactically" with a *cough* SUAV*cough*

I have a feeling he mistakingly said Javelin and meant to talk about the HVM-II, that's the laser-guided map-pickup anti-vehicle launcher that provides no lock on warning when used against an aircraft.

Really? defense perc? has it's uses in different modes. anyone who runs around with it all the time though....should be removed. example of good use: support class defense on rush with no medics...

I have mixed feelings about the body armor from the defensive perk, but anyone who uses it all the time is doing it wrong anyway. For example, my engineer is usually running with mechanic for the 15% faster repair speed, my recon is running with spec ops so the MAV has 40% increased detection range, and my assault is running with combat medic for the extra medic bag, the faster running speed (so I can run to wounded infantry faster), and the defib speed increase so I can revive with less chance of getting myself or the wounded killed, however my support runs with defensive all the time in that he's always at the front lines and could use the extra defensive stats against explosions, suppression, bullet damage, and time out of combat heals.

Ability to repair helos in the AIR???? WHAT? did he not play bf2?????? Not overpowered....just gettin whooped by teamwork...no reason a squad defending a flag with stingers cant counter that..

Helicopters are not overpowered, they require a lot of skill to pilot and a lot team work to be used effectively.

Jets???? what a whiney dude. Jets in BF2 waaaaaay stronger.., but the "counter" to that is not creating more "OP" weapons: add more stationary AA(stingers)BF2 had a shit ton of sationary AAs..that's like saying getting rid of spitfires and BF109s in 1942......

I don't think jets are overpowered, to be used effectively they require a great pilot.

Last edited:
haha...funny you mention Rock Paper Scissors...because that is what it has turned into since the first 3 titles....

And him being mistaken about Javelin/HVM-II ; why did he show Javelin footage...and call it a javelin. HVM-II is a stout weapon...2 shots, its done. Not only that, if someone comes near you and gets the drop, you have your dick in your hand....and cant get it on ANY weapons system fast enough to survive. (which balances it imo)

I use Offensive perc on Assault(Unless i play knife/pistol or locker/metro then Combat medic) its not hard to charge paddles and support(unless I mortar or Clay then its IDF/PD)...other 2 classes I keep strictly class related.
Defensive perc I will use ONLY with support, ONLY in rush(only defensive side)...and ONLY if I cant find a squad with a medic who happens to HAVE paddles..

**caveat** if you think about the HVM-II, lets look at those .50 pick ups..I LOVE those things!

Last edited:
haha...funny you mention Rock Paper Scissors...because that is what it has turned into since the first 3 titles....

It's been DICE's philosophy from the start. Every component of the game, be it, infantry, ground armor, or air vehicles, they all have weaknesses and strengths over one another.

Found this from a while back on battlefield 3 official blog.

In this episode of “Inside DICE”, Core Gameplay Designer Alan Kertz returns with an in-depth look at how we balance and rebalance the game

Battlefield™ is a big game. Balancing a game as diverse as Battlefield 3 requires constant attention, multiple iterations, and both a detailed approach as well as a broad vision. To start, we begin with the broad vision: Rock, Paper, Scissors, Tank, Jet, Infantry, Boat, Helicopter. At the heart of “Battlefield Balance” is the idea that no single soldier can be all powerful. We believe this makes the choices presented in Battlefield more interesting, as the player is not simply advancing an ever steeper power curve, but rather the player is consistently presented with new choices. The choices a player makes, whether before spawn, at spawn, or when playing will determine which role he plays and what abilities he possesses.

No silver bullets
For example, on a vehicle level a jet can destroy a tank, but an AA vehicle can destroy a jet, but the tank can destroy the AA. Only through teamwork can the tank be protected from the AA and the AA protected from another tank. Each of the vehicles is powerful within its role, but no one vehicle can master everything. Teamwork though, trumps all. The attack helicopter is a great example of a situation where two players, cooperating in the same vehicle can greatly increase the power of the vehicle. With a gunner and a pilot the attack helicopter can engage both ground vehicles and infantry, as well as defend itself against other helicopters. However, even the attack helicopter is vulnerable to the jet, or an AA vehicle, or even infantry with a SAM launcher. It is when players find all powerful combinations that we need to do a balance update.

Just what we need, EA/Dice to cater to the whiney little pussy's that seem to populate BF4.
The only thing annoying is whineycap and other little bitch crybabies just like him.

If you are playing as infantry and are fighting in or around the objectives, the defensive perk is the superior option 99.9% of the time. Being able to survive one more bullet than your enemy is a HUGE advantage that is worth far more than a few extra rockets, mines or med bags.

The problem with jets in BF4 is that every tool that is provided to deal with jets just ends up being even more effective against helicopters. The game would simply be much easier to balance if jets were not a factor.

I mean, have you ever played in the same game as one of the top attack jet pilots? They are literally untouchable by anything other than other jets, and even then, the other jet pilots need to be exceptionally skilled to pose any meaningful threat. Compare this to top helicopter pilots, who will still die regularly to stinger and IGLA spam, and it becomes very apparent just how anomalous jets are in the scope of BF4's vehicle balance.

Just what we need, EA/Dice to cater to the whiney little pussy's that seem to populate BF4.
The only thing annoying is whineycap and other little bitch crybabies just like him.
I think it's worth pointing out that you have more SUAV roadkills (2577!) than you have kills with any gun or any occupiable vehicle. You are effectively the poster child for LevelCap's argument about why the SUAV should be removed.

Too true about the jets; but how many servers do you visit that have top pilots in them? Anyway, yeah it'd be better if there was better balance if the helos weren't diabled with spitballs but I guess it all depends on your play style. Some like all maps/vehicles, some like all infantry, domination, etc.

I do think most have forgotten how much everyone complained about jets in BF2. With two good pilots, not even great pilots, you could own most maps against air, vehicles, or infantry at any given point. The big difference here is that BF2 had massive maps in comparison with BF3 and 4 so the jets might be in one or two areas, and didn't rape the whole map the whole round like they do now because it only takes 5 seconds to go end to end in the air in jets on these maps now.

If you are playing as infantry and are fighting in or around the objectives, the defensive perk is the superior option 99.9% of the time. Being able to survive one more bullet than your enemy is a HUGE advantage that is worth far more than a few extra rockets, mines or med bags.

I see your point about playing "around" the objectives, but isn't that sorta the point? I don't usually camp. The only times I camp is if I am tired, or drunk, and its sniping on a rooftop. I Usually play in a squad(not always with TBG as we all play at different times), and we work as a team. Sometimes you die....defense perk or not, if you have a shitty squad, you can't maintain field upgrades FOR SHIT. I'd rather be able to sprint faster to cover and drop a bag and attempt a flank/fight than stand in the open and engage the enemy and hope I can take one more bullet. (those things are OP if you hadn't noticed;) )
I play primarily on out INF only server...sprint, ammo, extra smoke grenade , and reduced fall is superior to me. Or benefits my preferred playing style better than Defensive perk.

@ryPta Jets are powerful...I suck in jets, and I suck in MAA so....I just keep my fingers crossed they don't strafe me, or grab a stinger and a torch and support the AA/Party Boats...(even though party boats go poof when enemy Ace is in the skies)...

I do think most have forgotten how much everyone complained about jets in BF2. With two good pilots, not even great pilots, you could own most maps against air, vehicles, or infantry at any given point. The big difference here is that BF2 had massive maps in comparison with BF3 and 4 so the jets might be in one or two areas, and didn't rape the whole map the whole round like they do now because it only takes 5 seconds to go end to end in the air in jets on these maps now.

Motherfucking right....jets in BF2 were strong. Only time I played on jet maps, were if I had buddies that were on same team to oppose enemy jets. Because I got my ass raped no matter what...Driving down the road in a buggy...BOOOOOOOOOOOM....Having a tank battle..BOOOOOOOOOOM....TRYING TO CAP A FLAG..booooooooooooooooom 6BOMBS in my asshole!

I think it's worth pointing out that you have more SUAV roadkills (2577!) than you have kills with any gun or any occupiable vehicle. You are effectively the poster child for LevelCap's argument about why the SUAV should be removed.
So levelcamp doesn't like people playing styles? they payed for the game...everyone can get over the "poster child", or play somewhere else....or stfu ,change tactics and make yourself a not so easy target and kill the guy.

Back