La. town evacuates; police relocate explosives

Assholes like that are why regulations are so fucking overdone. ANYONE with a federal explosives license knows the single most important thing is storage. The story is confusing and misleading though, they identify the hazard as artillery propellant which can't be technically accurate unless they are using the old ATF trick of calling low explosives (black powder, fireworks, gunpowder etc) explosives, even still they only identify the explosive as M6 which is actually a blasting cap. I have M7's which are the non-electric version of the M6 blasting cap. Caps are not measured in pounds they are measured in numbers. They are also the most dangerous explosive to store because they are primary explosives meaning they are the sensitive explosives needed to detonate secondary or less sensitive explosives like ANFO or CompB or C4 or RDX etc.. Aside from their danger of propagating other explosives blasting caps (detonators) have a VERY small charge. They said in the story that 250,000 pounds were moved away from the other explosives which further complicates the story, my guess is they had 250k detonators amidst a stockpile of HE none of it properly stored in magazines which is about the biggest facepalm there is in the ATF's eyes.

let me get a pallet jack so i can use that in scrapmetal on some choice campers

Back