Kingston Releases First 128 GB Flash Drive

Soulzz

Founder
Retired Founder
Source: http://www.maximumpc.com/article/news/kingston_releases_first_128gb_flash_thumb_drive

Yesterday, the largest USB flash drives on the planet checked in at 64GB. Today, Kingston claims the capacity crown with the release of its DataTraveler 200 (DT200), the world's first 128GB USB flash drive that's twice the capacity of yesterday's biggest thumb drives.

"The new DT200's robust storage capability lets consumers store complete libraries of music, photos, and videos.," said Andrew Ewing, USB business manager at Kingston. "It is also a great tool for business users who carry around large databases or files."

Also available in 32GB and 64GB capacities, the DT200 series boasts read and write speeds of up to 20MB/s and 10MB/s, respectively. Other features include a capless design and password protection.

No word yet on availability, however pricing has been set at $120 (32GB), $213 (64GB), and $546 (128GB). Ouch!

DataTraveler_200.png

What? You gonna have your whole computer including your OS operate off a flash drive. Because your too cheap to get an SSD.

I have a 32 gb kingston just to have a back up of a back up of my pictures. I have 23 GB of pictures as of now. This new 128 flash drive will come in handy. I'll wait till the price comes down though. I use my 1TB NAS as my main back up.

Not a big fan of Kingston. I have never seen a pair of their memory even the expensive stuff last longet that a year. I work in a mom and pop computer store and do repairs on a daily basis. When prople bring in systems with Kingston memory and the system is having trouble. First thing I do is a memory test and you guessed it one of the pair of Kingston is bad.

Flash/thumb drives I use are Sandisk. Have several that are 4 years old or older with no problems. My friends have Kingstons all are dead after a year.

Personaly I use Corsair Dominators for my systems.

Ok after 30GB the point of a flash drive is pointless. Just buy a SSD or HDD. Hell for $500 you could buy a pretty nice hooker.

Hell, for 500 bucks I'll let you have my wife for the night

ummm.......lol She would kill me..........for what I said..........lol

Back