Kicked by admin for high Ping 221?

Skarren

I understood that the Ping limiter was resent to 240 following my previous issues. Has this now been reduced meaning I can no longer play BF3 on this server ? I was playing fine yesterday but this morning I am being kicked?

Attachments

• BF# Kicked by Admin RE Ping.png
    BF# Kicked by Admin RE Ping.png
    249.4 KB · Views: 46
Odd.. its set to 230 right now actually. Which means it *shouldn't* be kicking you in theory.
However i've seen it on our BF4 servers recently where IPV6 isn't showing peoples pings. Sometimes this is fixed with a computer restart, Other times not.

@pcase had this issue and solved it perhaps he can help.

A couple things to test here as the boot message you shared indicates a 221 current ping-- even if the limit is set to 240, your ping will normally shift 5-20ms which could put you above the threshold.

Are you playing on a wireless connection or ethernet? You can also try something like Ping test (https://www.meter.net/ping-test/) to get an idea for the "jitter" aka ping fluctuation. That should help us guide you and/or fix.

Thanks for you suggestions, I'll reboot my computer. I had issues with PB where there was no packet flow but after reinstalling PB that seemed to fix it though I am unsure if this would affect my ping. I am on a wired connection directly into my modem and have internet speed of 100Mps with upload of 21.6 . I'll also look up pcase solution and try that. Its really wired, I have done nothing to m y PC and it was playing fine yesterday? I'll also check if there were any automatic updates that maybe causing it.

Thanks again for your support, much appreciated

Rebooted, checked for updates , only the graphics driver updated overnight. Ping test attached.

Attachments

• Ping Test.png
    Ping Test.png
    26 KB · Views: 39
Does anyone know how BF4 handles Jitter and Packet loss? I know it's UDP so packetloss will just make someone skip around, but at what point would packetloss or jitter cause a disconnection. Always wondered..

Hi I play BF4 rush server no restrictions and I'm ranked 3 but now can't play anymore because there is now a ping limiter on the server. something changed this weekend.

fixed the issue by deleting the network adaptor rebooting and letting the PC reload the driver.

Back