Kernel memory leaks on Intel based systems

Apparently AMD isn't affected by this performance issue.

This is the kernel level security bug that is causing a 30% performance degradation if implemented...are we talking about the same thing?

@Soulzz Memory leak possible reason for my upgrade issues?

I've experienced the memory leak a few times before in games. RAM will run up to 15.5GB of my 16GB.

This is the kernel level security bug that is causing a 30% performance degradation if implemented...are we talking about the same thing?

No I am bringing up the fact AMD's CPU's are affected by the Spectre bug (as are all other CPU's). It can't be straight up patched, so no worried about performance penalties.

But from my perspective it just got a whole lot easier to write hacks for games and probably for anti cheat false positives due to malware.

The affected items would most likely be virtualization applications. Work is going to get interesting in the next few months as we await how much of a drop we’ll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The affected items would most likely be virtualization applications. Work is going to get interesting in the next few months as we await how much of a drop we’ll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everything will be interesting. This website is run in a virtualized guest. Memory leaks are great ways to get encryption keys to impersonate and deliver attacks with yeah?

Back