Just got done...

Aye

...playing on your server 6 hours straight (-|TBG|- ALL CONQUEST [BF4+PREMIUM]). Although I had a lot of fun, one thing I noticed is the entire time I was playing, the teams were horribly lopsided. I'm talking 4-5 caps the entire round, with one team winning with 800+ tickets. There was actually one round where the winning team had 1000 tickets left. I've played on several Conquest servers and saw my share of stacked teams, but nothing on this level. 6 hours straight of utter domination.

Which brings me to my suggestion. Why not implement some type of team scramble at the end of rounds? This will disallow the same team from dominating map after map. It will also help keep the server more populated. You won't lose that influx of players every map change because if the teams are more balanced, people will want to stick around. Fact.

Thanks for reading my suggestion. I will continue to play on your server regardless of outcome.

We are historically resistant to scramble for one reason. People get super pissed when they get broken up from their friends and then possibly can't get back to the same team with them. Scramble every round is very easy in fact its a check box in our cp.

One question to look at is if the ticket count is still appropriate for that server under balanced rounds. My suggestion as someone who is familiar with but has no time to code procon plugins is this. Maybe if after 2 rounds the same "Team" wins within a certain amount of tickets (both or all rounds) then scramble. Basically to do it once in awhile when it becomes a repeat issue.

There in lies the rub, friends who join off of each other do so expecting to be able to play with their friends. A lot of people complain that the teams are unbalanced, and 1000 ticket beatings certainly point to that but their is no practical way to balance teams skill wise. As admins we would spend all of our playing time trying to calculate the appropriate talent level per team per round and then move players to and fro and this process wouldn't even be a once a round affair it would be about every 5-10 minutes as players join and drop. It's just not feasible for our admins to have to dedicate such a large amount of their time to try and balance teams in this fashion and that doesn't even take into account all the hard feelings forcibly moving players back and forth will cause. We already get beat up constantly for the autobalance plugin that simply moves players to keep the teams numerically even and we have nothing to do with that and the chat actually tells the players they are being "AUTO-balanced". Wish there was an easy fix to this, but honestly there isn't even a difficult fix to it. Auto-scramble is just as likely to create another set of unbalanced teams as it is to create even ones, and on top of that you will have a lot of groups of players leaving the server because they want to play with their friends. We have a lot of other clans that play on our servers in groups and we welcome that, but it would come to a screeching halt if we started scrambling. The whole situation is just shitty.

I know that at times, even though I am now level 76, I play like a level 2. This is especially true if trying to use a new weapon (DMR, anyone?). Also, I have seen people who are level 3 play like a level 110. It is all relative.

Back