'Jaws of life' stolen from Ala. fire department

ErikStenger

HIGHLAND HOME, Ala. -- Highland Home's volunteer firefighters are trying to figure out why anyone would want to steal the "jaws of life." The $12,000 equipment, which is used to rescue people trapped inside vehicles after car wrecks, was recently stolen from the department.

Department President Stephen Wilson said he doesn't know why anyone who wasn't a firefighter would want the 60-pound device.
The Crenshaw County Sheriff's Office is investigating the bizarre theft. The thief didn't take a television set or two air tanks worth $10,000.

That city is about 2 hrs away from my house...... that sucks.

Always wanted the "jaws of life" never know when you will need them.

What use will you have with it. Sell it for scrap is what he'll do with it.

Why the fuck didn't he steal stuff that was lying around that was worth more $$ and lighter is the question... sheer stupidity?

Sucks for the VFD. I'm sure their insurance will cover the loss without issue though.
Think of all the places one could go with a set of cutters like those.

Who ever stole them is probably going to use them to break into something thats well fortified Like a bank or something that has well protect doors, or fences that are barbed etc etc, , I watch a lot of CSI what can I say

LOL yea, I agree with lex, or it was a group of idiotic teenagers when were dared.

Back