ITT Tech?

I went there for one semester to get a certification, the school is a complete and utter failure. I had a 4.0 without even trying. It is overpriced and everthing is worthless, most of the campuses are ghetto and so are the people. The equipment fail, teachers fail. The school is a joke, I did not learn anything. Dont waste your time or money.

Definetly go the CC route. I am currently in the cable industry ( telecomunications ). I have been in it for over 15 years. I started out as a sub-contractor and eventually had my own business.
Finally I got hired inhouse as a ITT tech for Brighthouse networks. But I am doing courses for my ITT degree as well as my Cable Management degree.My slight advantage is that I am doing my course through my company and will be gaining infield experience as I go.
NCTI/Jones https://www.jonesncti.com is the place I am getting my courses through.
They are industry specific and are very detailed in their courses.I personally appreciate getting courses done through my work,cause they pay in full as long as you pass with a C or better.

Thanks guy's. After what razorbackx said I'm back to square one. Well I'll have to check out the CC. I can't see myself going to ITT for one thing and it not working (work being the key word) out at the end. Razorbackx did your brother do any type of construction before? Or is he fresh out of school with no experience. Thanks again guy's. Been throwing this back and fort.
he interned for 3 summers with suffolk construction but they layed off just about everyone so they did not hire him full time

A CC is good if you don't want to spend outrageous tuition fees for the first couple years of college. Mainly, the first two years are just BS classes that give you the "well rounded" part of your education. Personally, I think trade schools should be more abundant; programs that you finish & you can hit the ground running. I know a lot of people that finished college and have jobs that are nothing related to their degree. My suggestion is talk with some counselors at some schools and see if they have any programs that will direct you into a field that best suits you.

I know a lot of people that finished college and have jobs that are nothing related to their degree.
Might I suggest majoring in Philosophy...? -- Afterward, one can sit and have deep thoughts about being unemployed. :)

But seriously, I'm taking Psych because I want to get in to counseling (for others, there's really no helping me!) However, I also chose Psych over some other degrees that would take me to the same place because of it's versatility. With the B.A. in Psych, I can function in just about any part of the workforce, whether blue collar or white collar, labor or management, etc.

Also important in my choice was that I can also transition in to almost any other field for school or training with this degree should I later change my mind about what I want to do. I'm not trying to steer you toward Psych, but rather trying to build upon what Balls was saying. If you go the CC route, there are many ways to get where you want to go, but some ways can prove more versatile than others later on.

Also, take this from experience... Use the counselors, etc., as a place to begin your research, but don't trust every one of them merely on their face value. I was told this when I started back to school and I was glad I paid heed to that advice. Getting back in to school was no problem at all, I was practically strapped to speeding bullet and sitting in the classroom before I knew what happened. That was the job of the admissions department and those folks knew their job well. However, the plan, the schedule, and the future laid out by them and the guidance counselor was boilerplate at best and not at all in my best interest. I started looking at which degree's led where, which ones had the most versatility, and which ones were actually worth more than the paper they were printed on. Then I started to plan my own schedules and pick my own classes. With just a little research and a little discipline you will have a firm grip on you're future in no time at all.

Back