It is ridiculously hot here in Las Vegas

TESTEFY-HD

BANNED
BANNED
We have been under a high heat warning since yesterday. The average temperature was 115 for the Vegas Valley. The closer you get to Lake Mead, the hotter it gets. I took this picture of my Clock with a temperature gauge that is in my backyard in the shade. It was so hot yesterday it almost hurt to breathe. If feel bad for any of you who live in a area with high humidity and it being 98 degrees. At least our heat is usually dry, so you don't automatically start sweating going outside.

unnamed_zpskq7v9pry.jpg

I don't mind the heat, just hate humidity and sweating.

Can't wait to spend 3 weeks in California & Las Vegas in September be nice to have some time with no rain!

I don't mind the heat, just hate humidity and sweating.

Can't wait to spend 3 weeks in California & Las Vegas in September be nice to have some time with no rain!
whats rain?

Pretty much how Houston is. Humid as all hell. It's been a steady high 90's with it reaching around 100-105ish. But, the humidity never changes. It's always like 60-80%.

Would much rather prefer a dry heat to this swamp city heat. That 119 does look terrifying though..

HD, that is hot but as said, I'll take a dry heat over humidity !

HD, that is hot but as said, I'll take a dry heat over humidity !
We actually have a lot of humidity for Vegas that started today. We are usually in the single digits for humidity, but we have moonsonal moisture in the valley that started today. So today it is currently 119 again in my backyard with 22% humidity today. I walked about 3/4 of a mile this morning to the store and it was only 89 out, but when I got back to my house I had to change my shirt because it was damp from the humidity

Just took this of my clock/temp gauge. Already 119 degrees out and its not the hottest part of the day.
119_zpsnzndtecs.jpg

HD, that heat w/ humidity is a killer-stay in and run the AC with a cold one !:)

Taking bets right now. Will it rain or not? It is 112 still in the backyard
SANY0025_zpstktbwcug.jpg

SANY0026_zpsgrwuqpbt.jpg

SANY0024_zpsn7njq9fr.jpg

that place looks near Torrey Pines
i can see how you think that. But I am on the east side of town on Lake Mead BLVD. Lake Mead and Hollywood. One of the last roads before you are in federal land going to Lake Mead.

We have been under a high heat warning since yesterday. The average temperature was 115 for the Vegas Valley. The closer you get to Lake Mead, the hotter it gets. I took this picture of my Clock with a temperature gauge that is in my backyard in the shade. It was so hot yesterday it almost hurt to breathe. If feel bad for any of you who live in a area with high humidity and it being 98 degrees. At least our heat is usually dry, so you don't automatically start sweating going outside.

unnamed_zpskq7v9pry.jpg
I have the same time/temp clock here. My says 87 right now (7/29/16)

Back