INSURGENCY-needs player kick vote..

ChromeLightsaber

Honorary Member
INSURGENCY-needs player kick vote with less needed to be a success.
I don't know if it's a number, or a percent, what ever it is, I'm getting several requests that it be easier to kick a player because an ADMIN in INSURGENCY is so rare.

@Matt(FAST) said he was instating it.

But,

If you want my personal opinion. I think it's not needed.

Yes. There are rare times when a vote to kick would be sanctioned. But, 9/10 players will abuse it. I've seen it happen on other servers that have the option. With the amount of random unwarranted scramble team votes and restart round votes i can only imagine how they would react to having a vote to kick option. I know our Push server could use some Admin love. That is true. But as far as the skirmish server goes there is usually an active Admin on within several hours of each other. Between Jolly and I. With slight sightings by eXodus when he has free time (probably more than I know since I work during the day :p) We get in collectively at least ~50 hours/week.

Ultimately, while in theory it seems useful. I don't think that it would be beneficial to add such a feature.

@Matt(FAST) said he was instating it.

But,

If you want my personal opinion. I think it's not needed.

Yes. There are rare times when a vote to kick would be sanctioned. But, 9/10 players will abuse it.

My gut feeling was it may be abused as well. In fact, some players don't even want MAP VOTE any more..because 'MapVote is Cancer' they said.
I encouraged them to make accounts on TBG and report problems.

We use to have it in but when a group can kick the admin out of the server. It had to go. It's more trouble than it's worth. I have a lot of our regulars on my steam and they will write to me. Asking for help with a person of problem.

We use to have it in but when a group can kick the admin out of the server. It had to go. It's more trouble than it's worth. I have a lot of our regulars on my steam and they will write to me. Asking for help with a person of problem.

good point..

Hi again Chrome, I was the one you were speaking with the other night about vote kicking. Idk how many TBG guys still play Insurgency but I am an every day player and from my play time 6 out of 10 games have 2+ afks (on either side or both) as well as the team flashing in spawn. Since admins don't seem to be on very often (at least during peak server hours) the average player just gets flashed into oblivion or till they quit. That makes for a very hostile game and I know other agree. I can see how it can be abused and I have seen it before of course, BUT that doesn't mean if can't be useful.

Maybe on a trial period it can be set to require 5 people to call a vote before one is started and need 98% approval or something to kick. Idk but it is a issue and should be addressed imo. I rather it not just continue with no future resolution in site. Again, this is all just a suggestion. Thanks for readin ;)

What I would recommend is to take a video/screenshot post on the site. The player eventually will receive a few days timeout depending on what they have caused.

When I played on our CS: source server, i saw it being abused more often that used correctly. I will see what it is currently set and see if we can lower the # of votes

I've mentioned before, I'm not a fan of mob rule on the server. I'm about to propose a radical solution:

-There is another popular server in Insurgency known as New South 24/7. Their model includes many level-headed admins who are crowd-sourced from the community of regulars. There are many players on the TBG server that I would love to have as admins, but I have had difficulty convincing them to take the TBG plunge.
-WHAT IF, just for Insurgency, we adopted a model similar to New South? Perhaps admins could contribute a lesser amount each month--say, $5 since they are one-game players, would require only the approval of me, @ChromeLightsaber , @Nameless Ranger, @eXodus, or @slapshotz, wouldn't have to wear tags, but could help us admin the server?

Some names that I would consider:

@Mr. Bojangles, @AkH Prevent [Alt], @Jev, @gRAPEjuice, @Bob S., and a couple of others who are not currently on the forums like Avec, Wavelength, Proto, .myst, etc.

If we added even a couple of these players, who I KNOW would honor what TBG stands for, we could easily rein in some of the complaints we have been recently receiving.

@Soulzz, @Iguanidon, @Matt(FAST), etc., thoughts?

Heyo just joined the forum, played with y'all on TS last night @Jev @ChromeLightsaber, warpig blah blah the usuals, and I feel I should voice my opinion on the subject of a kick vote. Jev and I play quite frequently together on tbg (basically every day) IMO it's the best skirmish server competition wise to play on around. And as jev has said there exists frequent team flashing, mic spam, trolls etc which some of can be solved through the glorious mute button. But afks and other such issues are not so easily fixed. I think that while the abusing of a kick vote is a valid concern, it is also very VERY valid to be often frustrated by the fallbacks of not having a kick. I hope those with the power here can see the concerns of daily players like jev and I and try to compromise and find a way to allow a better server w less abuse overall. Thanks! Also I plan on talking to y'all about it on TA in game when I'm inevitably on.

Since inception, TBG servers have always been administered by TBG members. One of the perks becoming a member. They are more than welcome to apply and meet our requirements in order to be eligible for membership

From experience, this has caused issues and we are much larger than a small clan server operating a single Insurgency server. I am not going to publicly explain the issue this causes but I can explain this to you privately @jollygreendino

I've already lowered the kick vote to 10% value from 20%.

Thanks for the kind words @jollygreendino
I am literally at a computer all hours of the day, every day. I would be more than happy to help admin the server but I just can't commit to being a full-blown member due to work. I'd be more than happy to help admin from the shadows (with or without ban priviledges [kick/mute is still a big help]). If you reconsider, @Matt(FAST), we could grab a pint and chat as I'm just around the corner from you

I know our Push server could use some Admin love. That is true.

So much this. I play a LOT of Push and the TBG server is by far my favourite, but the lack of a vote kick or any active admins in it has definitely caught the attention of hackers, cheaters, griefers and a lot of other undesirable folk. Every single day there are people in it being appallingly racist and outright hateful to each other, because they know they can get away with it. It is also pretty common for people to start team flashing (thank the gods there is no friendly fire, that would go downhill SO fast.) when they realize they won't/can't be kicked. It's also fairly common to see people blatantly hacking and cheating, to the point where I can point out a few people on the leader board for the server who got there purely by hacking. Granted a lot of the hackers end up VACed, but there are definitely still hacks that are undetected, and the smarter ones are not exactly ultra obvious.

I've asked for the vote kick function in the mast, and I do see what you mean that it could be abused. But if that's the case and there aren't any admins who frequent it, why not give some of the Push regulars the ability to deal with some of these people?

Back