Insurgency Mod

HeatSurge

Has anyone tried the "Insurgency Mod" for the Source engine?

It looks a LOT like BF2... that popular level that everyone plays that's in the middle east... can't remember what it's called now.

Seems like a very unforgiving game though - kills by like 2-3 shots over rather large distances seem to not be uncommon from gameplay videos.

Looks well done though, I might check it out...

Nah.. I haven't even played it yet, it just looked interesting on youtube and stuff...

It sounds pretty neat...

The map you are probably referring to is Dust; however, Dust_2, Iraq and a few other Middle-East levels do exist, far and away the most popular is Dust.

This is my favorite footage! I wish one of you guys talked like this during gameplay...

"Hey paul I just pistoled a guy to death" LOL

[yt=525,444]XCi0XtotV4U[/yt]

I was talking about Strike at Karkand, and Road to Jalalabad actually... I don't know what the names of the mod maps are because I haven't tried it yet - just saw cool gameplay vidoes on youtube which seemed interesting.

LMAO @ the video - I just saw it.

"Paul, I've just pwooned two guys, Paul. How many have you pwooned, Paul?"

"Oooh I was TK'd! You sodding cock smoker... Do you see where you're looking now, Paul?... stupid question." LMAO!!!!

LOL - that guy is funny!

"well it turns out its not that sneaky..."

"I'm over hear paul - behind the sand bags - past the black Mercedes - oh I just killed another one."

"I think i've taken out the entire insurgenc"

"PAUL Stop filling the airwaves with chicken noise questions"

"Dead ahead paul.... OH how much do you suck."

My favorite is:
"Are we americans supposed to be capturing something???"
LOL - how appropriate for these times and the mod!

I've heard it's pretty good. I may install it as well :D.

Damn...

Well I just installed the shit, and while it's pretty realistic, it's so realistic that it's fucking annoying as hell!

First of all, it's mostly one or two hits -> death...

You get no GUI indicators of kills, no indicators of shot direction, you can't see the flying bullets, and you can't spec the opposing team at all.

Sounds pretty cool eh? Not really. At least on the couple of servers I played on it was the living hell. I was on the attacking team both times so maybe that's why... You basically run for a minute or so and then you get to the "front line" where there are 5 people camping and then you get shot. You have no idea where you get shot from, because whoever shot you is in the foggy distance, and you never get hit indicators, just bullets whizzing by your face for a fraction of a second before one or two hit.

And I thought Counter-Strike was bad... it's a walk in the park compared to this.

Back