IDPA

Farstar

Anyone here ever run thru or competed in IDPA or IPSC. If so thoughts.. likes dislikes did you enjoy it. If you ran both did you prefer one over the other?

Discus....

your word "run" confuses me, anyways, yeah, I did some IPSC shooting, it was fun at first but then it stopped giving me any pressure and I wasn't let on competitions due to my non-patriotic spirit(for estonia).

they do IPSC out there... what do they use for targets? Cows?

Run not actually meaning to move quickly but its a euphemistic way of saying to go thru something... like "Ill run you thru the rules later" or to be in charge of... guess I should edit that.

they do IPSC out there... what do they use for targets? Cows?

Run not actually meaning to move quickly but its a euphemistic way of saying to go thru something... like "Ill run you thru the rules later" or to be in charge of... guess I should edit that.

nonono its pretty hi-tech, electronic targets and all, but yeah, they only let you to competitions if youre patriotic, same thing with rifles, you don't get a better one unless you've got really blue-eyed realpolitik views. I always got the shitty russian ones and still outshot all the posh kids with their walthers...( I hovered in the 290/300 zone )

I did IPSC in Florida for many years. I competed in three gun and loved it. I got out of it in the mid 90's because our group was getting a little too paranoid for me. The amount of training and real world shooting education was great. Absolutely invaluable training if not a little over the top in reality. Besides competing our group was very active every week in other training scenarios and just plain shooting fun like moving targets, western style shooting, long range, night time and all manner of other training. We did have access to a private club though, and I heard many IPSC clubs did not have close access to ranges like this one. Scoping in the rifles for 1000 yards was fun and I learned a lot about that process.

Back