I love yard work!

ShiningN

So first day of yard work this year started today.
Cranked up the mower the other day to make sure it didn't need any work, started right up and ran like a champ! was awesome that I didn't have to do the usual day worth of maintenance on my riding mower after the winter and only did the basic clean up! Did all the yard prep, you know removing sticks, pinecones, other debris. Weed eater probably needs a new wheel but I will get to that eventually. Started mowing my lot (1 acre) and got about 6-7 laps through when my carburetor seized.... and now its like 90 degrees outside and the sun is baking everything.... fuck yard work.​

This is why I like apartments.

Used to have an apartment, no maintenance was nice but around here depending on where you live apartments are more expensive. A decent apartment around here will run $800-$900 for a family on rent. That usually covers water but not electricity. We bought a house and pay $465 and less on electricity than we did with the apartment.

Yup... fuck it completely... I clean the carburetor, start it back up, runs smooth.... for about 50 feet and dies... nothing but blow back. So I remove the piston cover and bam

upload_2018-5-13_22-0-37.png

luckily looks like the rocker is just broke so waiting on new ones to come in.

This is why I like apartments.

Used to have an apartment, no maintenance was nice but around here depending on where you live apartments are more expensive. A decent apartment around here will run $800-$900 for a family on rent. That usually covers water but not electricity. We bought a house and pay $465 and less on electricity than we did with the apartment.
Yeah that's why I like apts or condos too. It's nice to have a yard but I have flashbacks of my dad making me mow the yards in 100+ degree Texas summers!
$465 for a house--that's awesome...studio apts. here in Orange County are like $13-1500.

Back