I believe I might need a harddrive

Wait--running it outside the chassis works? BTW--what parts are you running now? What's been replaced?

No, I was coming to conclusions what it might be. The other idea what it could be that I mounted too many standoffs than I needed and the extra ones are too close to the MB and it's causing the fuck ups. I'll unmount the MB take out the extra standoffs to test that theory.

You shouldn't need any standoffs these days the way the boards are built.

I still have to use these.
IMG_6805.jpg

I noticed in the Level 10 case, the stand offs that are used are coated and the manual says they are "short" proof. For a good 5 minutes I was bewildered.

Said "Fuck it! I give up!" and took it to a repair shop. I told him I replaced every part except the DVD RW+- Blue-ray ROM, the case and the videocard. Those are five months old.

Surely you wouldn't allow the end of the board to touch the case while pushing in say the power connector. Looking at mine you would actually short half the 24 pin board side out lol.

Yeah, I was thinking of something else. Never mind, open mouth, insert foot.

Yeah, I was thinking of something else. Never mind, open mouth, insert foot.

I was just wondering. Though as long as you put your hand on the edge when doing anything like that its fine and all most of the time. I lost the original stand offs for my case and the built in ones don't go all the way to the edge which is default on most mid towers.

5 months later someones like is this baggy yours and no it wasn't weed lol. Id prefer the original stand off's because that match the screw pitch of the rest of the stand off's for some reason the stand off mount holes for the rest of the stand off's are not the same pitch as the screws for the motherboard. Meaning I had to use 2 different screws, stupid thermaltake backwards ass stand off's.

Your case is one of the three I picked if the case I have now if it needs to replaced.

I went to the repair shop and the guy who owns it and repairs them. He said he was working on mine next. Which he was because I saw mine on his workbench waiting to be worked on.

The repairman put a $50 ATI 5950 card in my case. To show me the card was the problem the whole time. The BIOS looks awesome. It looks like a GUI menu interface.

Since my card is a PCI Express 3.0 my card will go down to what my board's max speed PCI Express speed 2.0. PCI-E Express 3.0 has the same physical characteristics as PCI-E Express 2.0, so it's backward compatible with previous versions of PCI-Express, regardless of the data encoding change.

Oh, BTW I'm getting two free games. Dirt 3 and another BF3.

It's kinda funny that my grandmother likes using my computer when she comes over. Because of how fast it is and how the videos and pictures look better.

The repairman asked if I wanted to buy two NVIDA 560s or that $50 ATI card from him. I kinda regret saying no even tho it's not a emergency at this second. I can wait a few days before my card comes. I luckily paid my bills before it crapped out. I could got the NVIDAs or the ATI card and kept them as a spare(s).

I got a email at 10:30 this morning telling me I'll be able to track it 8:00pm PST. I guess that would mean 5:00pm EST. So that I would mean I would get Thursday by or before 5 that day.

I now haz part. Installed it and now waiting for Win 7 to reinstall. I had to reinstall it because it refuse to boot after the Win7 couldn't fix the start-up problem.

Back