HUNT SHOWDOWN - Probably the best cowboy shooter ever?

Graphic-J

Impressions:
After more than a year in Early Access I got to play some many insane hours into the finally released; *Hunt: Showdown*.... If you're looking for something absolutely new which isn't just a mindless FPS this might be the game for you. Very intense and strategic. If you just run around and shoot, in most cases you will get shot or get killed by zombies, dogs or any other monsters. Sneaking is the key to success and communicating with your partner.

Also, If you like the tactical combat of PUBG but were yearning for something with more soul and better graphics - this is your game. In my opinion, probably the best horror and wild west shooter for 2018 and 2019 on PC. Now that it fully released I could probably convince some friends and maybe you to join in it.

The environments and graphics are phenomenal. Progression system is interesting. It rewards the more skilled player something that I admire in the game when they balance the risk and reward factor just right. There have been some small technical issues, one 'freeze' of the game requiring sign out of windows, and FPS is about 45fps at times with my GTX980. Again, not all the times hopefull optimization may fix this. Given the slower pace of combat, this is not really a problem, and a fair trade off given how beautiful the environments are.

Play unsafe or be Rambo and loose your hunter permanent...play as team and tactic become a hero. Best damn game I have played for a very long time!

If you have a good PC - 10/10 Highly Recommend it
Mid tier PC - 8/10 maybe wait for future optimizations

what CPU are you running???.....and any clue of CPU loads when running 45 frames???

what CPU are you running???.....and any clue of CPU loads when running 45 frames???

I'm running a:

i7 4700K (with 16gb Ram)
I have not tested the load on the CPU, but if it makes any difference my FPS average comes to around 50-55fps. But yes, the game is pretty intensive on the CPU. What are you running on your rig?

almost the same....a 4670k i5 at 4ghz no turbo mode with 16GB's of 2133 DDR3, a Z97 motherboard and a GTX1070.....if your i7 is loaded playing this my i5 might get killed.....the 4 series was a great line of CPU's that are still worth a shit years later....

Back