HTC EVO 4G Reigns Supreme

Supra

That's right. The phone that captivated international trade show CTIA is here, and we've packed it full of features! A large vibrant 4.3 inch screen, 1GHZ Snapdragon core, dual cameras, 32GB MicroSD card slot and wicked fast web speeds, this is more than a phone. It's a Mobile Hotspot for up to 8 of your Wi-Fi devices. It's a high-quality mobile device – featuring Android™ 2.1 and the award-winning HTC Sense™ experience, and it's your personal portable HD media center with an HDMI output so you can share in HD.

Now I just need to get my hands on it...Who has one and how bad ass is it? The mobile 4g hotspot is enough to piss in my pants for.

Well I don't have 4G but I can tell you it is worthy of drooling over. The only problem is it didn't come with an Mini-HDMI to HDMI adapter. Which at the price of $449 retail should be packed with it in my opinion.
Its customizable and does lots of cool stuff.

Well I don't have 4G but I can tell you it is worthy of drooling over. The only problem is it didn't come with an Mini-HDMI to HDMI adapter. Which at the price of $449 retail should be packed with it in my opinion.
Its customizable and does lots of cool stuff.

Why dont you have 4G?

Umm sonny, in the country theres no 4G. You can get 4G in metro areas like Atlanta, Chicago and places like that have it. Everywhere else its 3G. But I must say my 3G speeds can be pretty good with this thing. Up to 1.4mb down and 700k up. On a side note sitting at home with the wifi connection I got 7.5mb down and 2.2mb up.

My biggest problem right no so no damn quit or close or exit button. At least 80% of apps don't have it. Meaning they stay running some how or another.

On a totally unrelated well sorta, side note. The Airave is awesome. I got it for free and free monthly because we are "such good customers". So now I have 5 bars at home :D. No more dropping calls because we live in nowheresvile.

I just purchased a DROID Incredible; can't wait to start using it (It's on back-order). The screen is very sleek, the interface is much nicer, with everything being customizable. Everything about it is nice.

Umm sonny, in the country theres no 4G. You can get 4G in metro areas like Atlanta, Chicago and places like that have it. Everywhere else its 3G. But I must say my 3G speeds can be pretty good with this thing. Up to 1.4mb down and 700k up. On a side note sitting at home with the wifi connection I got 7.5mb down and 2.2mb up.

My biggest problem right no so no damn quit or close or exit button. At least 80% of apps don't have it. Meaning they stay running some how or another.

Download the app "App Kill" in the market place, that will shut all your apps down that you dont want running. Although it does not matter if you have them running, the way the Android OS is set up, running multiple apps does not drain battery life.

Since 4G is not out everywhere ill wait to get it, im happy with my G1 for now, in another 6-12 months the 4G should be available here in San Diego.

i've got the google nexus one, similar phone, screen almost just as big, and same other specs. For closeing apps download a task killer from the marketplace, or you can shortcut task manager to one of the home screens.

also i looked at the evo, the big screen is nice for watching moving but i like my very slightly smaller nexus, plus its got smoother edges and fits better in my pocket. also i got mine end of march i didnt feel like waiting till who knows since they didnt give a release date till late for the evo. The dual cameras are nice, its good that a US carrier FINALLY brought other that feature so we can do video calling, but right now no app supports it little lone if sprint network will allow video calling. but if it does that will be cool.

Also i'm on t-mobile and so far i like them, plus they are upgradeing their network to hspa+ with theoretical speeds alot faster then 4g without having a special phone (unless of course the phone just can handle speed period.)

i've got the google nexus one, similar phone, screen almost just as big, and same other specs. For closeing apps download a task killer from the marketplace, or you can shortcut task manager to one of the home screens.

also i looked at the evo, the big screen is nice for watching moving but i like my very slightly smaller nexus, plus its got smoother edges and fits better in my pocket. also i got mine end of march i didnt feel like waiting till who knows since they didnt give a release date till late for the evo. The dual cameras are nice, its good that a US carrier FINALLY brought other that feature so we can do video calling, but right now no app supports it little lone if sprint network will allow video calling. but if it does that will be cool.

I had the Nexus One, IMO it was the worst phone I had ever had, I had endless problems and I am a droid power user if there ever was one. Im glad you are having luck with yours though, makes me feel better that at least someone got a good one out of the batch.

Tried to upgrade today; I have to wait till July 28..sucks ass; My boss bought one yesterday bad to the bone; if a message / email has addy you can click on it and use Navigate to get there; fuckin screen is huge; way better than by BB 9630.

I must say there are two things I wasn't prepared for. 1 would be the $10/mo Evo charge. This is the only phone with this charge, the reason behind the charge is to do with features the phone uses it needs the expanded data services to activate it. I was okay with this when they explained it to me. However the one feature I looked forward to with great anticipation was the HotSpot function. I found out it cost $29.99/mo for that because it uses a different data connection for it and acts like an air card but at a lower cost. I just got the HotSpot activated today so I haven't had time to try it. You get unlimited data usage with it if you are on sprints network, and if your rooming you get 300mb/mo. So for me I don't know how much it is going to be worth, I asked them to give me a credit so I could try it for a few days to see if it was worth it. I can say I will not be sending the phone backs even though it sucks for making phone calls to Dell where you have to enter Express service tags. The dialer disapears after you hid send. You can pull it back up but while on the road and what not it can be a pain. Its also easy to call the wrong person because it has 1 touch dialing. These are minor things though and with practice/usage it will get easier/better. The power of the phone itself is amazing, you can what flash videos and use drop down choice boxes and radio buttons on web pages. I have to say music playback sucks so far while in the car, I think it might be a Pandora thing though. Rhapsody doesn't have an Android client yet so I can't use the subscription I have for it so I will be canceling it till they port over.

Back