HP touchpad fire sale

Is the software still going to be supported?

Is the software still going to be supported?

Yea that's a good question if so I would snatch up on one or 2 for sure at that price but even if it wasn't for $99 bucks I am still going to grab one just to play with it however, I doubt it will be replacing my current tablet but I can always give the HP tablet to my brother.

If anyone know of an online retailer that still has either the 32 or 64GB available at the sale price, please let me know. It appears HP and their authorized retailers jumped the gun and put them on sale in the US yesterday. J & R is not an option I spoke with them a few minutes ago and while they still have the 32GB available they have not lowered the price on it. The guy I was speaking to must have thought I was an idiot because he tried to get me to order it today stating that my credit card wouldn't be charged until Monday. When I asked him if the price on the 32GB units would be at the $149.00 sale price by then he told me that he could not guarantee that so of course I said well then no order. I know how that crap works and they wouldn't go on sale until after my credit card was charged for the full $499.
Thank you,

Yea I can't find it available online yet anywhere, except where sold out. I'd try going to a Best Buy or something, that's probably your best bet. They've supposedly got tens of thousands of them stocked that they weren't able to sell before.
I'm hoping amazon will drop the price at some point too...

Yea I can't find it available online yet anywhere, except where sold out. I'd try going to a Best Buy or something, that's probably your best bet. They've supposedly got tens of thousands of them stocked that they weren't able to sell before.
I'm hoping amazon will drop the price at some point too...

I spoke with Amazon this afternoon and if you interested in getting one of these keep an eye on their website. I also spoke to HP am was told they will be restocking but that demand was too high right now for them to tell me when that might happen. I also have several other sites that are showing stock at the original price and am checking them every few hours to see if they drop their price as well.

I am kind of getting the impression that some retailers are holding out hoping that they can move a few more at full tit retail price to uninformed consumers. Another thing I find odd is even know these are discontinued items HP is still running TV spots for the tablets and when you call HP the first thing they plug are the new tablets with Web OS.

I have an iPad2 and an iPhone so it;s no big deal if I get one or not but at the price they are offering even if I end up giving it to my brother it's worth checking out to see what that Web OS is all about and if nothing else I would love to see firsthand how it compares to my iPad2.

Back