Home Theater

Vordar

So Im looking for some advice/help about getting some speakers hooked up for a projector I want to mount soon. I have a mount for the projector, the projector itself... and my computer speakers currently hooked up to it. In the basement I have a drop ceiling, so I need some speakers I can work with that dont hang down and hopefully don't weigh down and bend the tiles. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0007LCLWC/ref=nav_timeline_asin?_encoding=UTF8&th=1 is what Ive found so far via amazon, but I honestly havent worked with speakers before to know what I should be looking for, how many i need and what else I may need with it. I need at least 2 speakers wire and then a plug to connect them to the audio out of the projector. Do I need a Sub and thoughts about how/where to put it? What gauge or type of speaker wire do I need? What about a plug end?

The below pictures are of the area I'm working with. The AC ducts run through the drywalled part so I can't sticl anything there, only run wire over it. The nook under the stairs there (red bottles) is where I want to put the PS so I need to put an outlet there (as well as HDMI port) so I know that's on my to do list.

20170410_164122.jpg
20170410_164147.jpg
20170410_164227.jpg
20170410_164242.jpg

Attachments

• 20170410_164128.jpg
    20170410_164128.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 207
A good start would be to tell us what the model number of the projector is. I doubt it has much of a built in amp, probably just a line out, meaning you'll need to run that to an amplifier and hook up your speakers to that. If you want to chat in person on TeamSpeak I could help you out if you like. I had a projector for a short time, but the novelty wore off pretty quick. You need total darkness and a good screen to even begin to enjoy it long term.

You might also consider a decent soundbar on the wall under your screen instead of multiple speakers and an amplifier. I have a klipsh soundbar with a wireless sub (you can hide that anywhere in the room) and it sounds great. And it's a lot less complicated with no wires to run. It can even stream bluetooth from your phone, tablet, or computer. Take a look at this to see what I have.

Last edited:
A good start would be to tell us what the model number of the projector is. I doubt it has much of a built in amp, probably just a line out, meaning you'll need to run that to an amplifier and hook up your speakers to that. If you want to chat in person on TeamSpeak I could help you out if you like. I had a projector for a short time, but the novelty wore off pretty quick. You need total darkness and a good screen to even begin to enjoy it long term.

You might also consider a decent soundbar on the wall under your screen instead of multiple speakers and an amplifier. I have a klipsh soundbar with a wireless sub (you can hide that anywhere in the room) and it sounds great. And it's a lot less complicated with no wires to run. It can even stream bluetooth from your phone, tablet, or computer. Take a look at this to see what I have.

The picture clearly shows its a Dell 7609WU:
upload_2017-4-10_21-29-43.png

:p

Sure enough, Rain. Although "clearly" isn't the word that leaps to mind. :)

It's a Dell 7609wu for sure. I've used it a few times against the wall which is awesome even with a few scuffs on it. I'm not looking to make a movie theater type of home theater but have something to enjoy with friends or just the gf. I have a little entertainment table in the front right now so I could do a sound bar but is the sound bar wireless too or just the sub (watch the video soon). If I'm installing a wall plug for hdmi and power outlets I figure keep it all neat and clean cable wise. A sound bar up front means I'd have to try and run a line down that wall... or behind it if possible. I didn't finish the basement so irk what it's like.
20170410_214559.jpg
20170410_215309.jpg

Last edited:
Only the sub is wireless, you'll need power and audio cable for the soundbar. Unless you can stream your audio by bluetooth. Are you using your computer as the video source? Once again, this would much easier to discuss on TS instead of typing endless questions back and forth. Take me up on it sometime and we can discuss it in detail online.

I'll have to find you online sometime then, which is trickier than getting a straight answer out of a US politician. Seriously haven't seen you on in a while =p

Back