Hiking/Mountain Biking Locations

bot102

Alright gents, I've got 20 days of post-deployment leave coming up here. Aug 19th to Sep 7th.

I'm looking to spend a few of those days hiking or mountain biking somewhere. I can search internet reviews all I want, but we have people that live all over the US here that may know some secrets.

I'm asking for any leads or suggestions of place to go. A buddy of mine went hiking up a mountain in Washington state recently in that looked awesome. I guess for hiking I'm looking for more peaking a mountain type hike. Mountain biking is anywhere fair game.

No good me suggesting anywhere i live in UK
hope you find somewhere really nice

White Mountains of New Hampshire is fun if you like the east coast.

If you're looking to stay east coast, the appalachian trail has some great hikes. Check out the trail in Maine, first 30 miles is a great 3 day hike and now is a good time of year for it. I think the southern part of the trail, GA-TN-NC has higher elevation hiking but Maine vistas are hard to beat.

Only hiking I've done out west is the Grand Canyon and I imagine it's pretty damn crowded in August. Mid-country, the Red River gorge in Kentucky is good hiking with great rock climbing, if you're in to that at all.

Do the PCT if you have not done it yet, that is number one mate.

I don't have to much of a preference to east or west coast. If anything though, I'd say I'm trying to get away from the east coast.

Back