Higher pings

Duke

On my Server Browser my pings used to be around 30 and now they are consistently around 50-70. Anyone else experiencing this or know why?

I never look at them Duke, but I will next time I'm logged on.

Mine were way high this evening but they got better. First thought was some prick ddossing the server, badly.

all EA servers had connectivity issues, they might have blown some connected to battlelog

BEFORE the first DDOS attacks a couple of months ago, my ping to the Metro (and all other TBG servers) was in the 30's. AFTER that first DDOS attacks, I'm pinging 60+ and sometimes more.

On my Server Browser my pings used to be around 30 and now they are consistently around 50-70. Anyone else experiencing this or know why?

It could be the type of packet the two different items are using. Server Browser might use a UDP packet in which it would take the fastest route (no need for error checking or correction), while in game server packets might be TCP in which there is error checking and increase time. This MIGHT be the reason why there is a difference in speed.

A UDP packet could be used because in the Browser there is no need for extreme accuracy, it just sorta...give you a ball-pack figure. While in game, there is a need for accuracy of packets, thus they use TCP packets for BEST route.

This is just a guess on why you are seeing two different numbers...

BEFORE the first DDOS attacks a couple of months ago, my ping to the Metro (and all other TBG servers) was in the 30's. AFTER that first DDOS attacks, I'm pinging 60+ and sometimes more.

Same with me and it's not up and down it consistent. However, I see no difference in my game play on our servers.

Same with me and it's not up and down it consistent. However, I see no difference in my game play on our servers.

I'm wondering if they did something in Chicago? Everything on my end is exactly the same.

Back